I hold my hands up I’m trying super hard to eat a more healthy diet… maybe even drop a few pounds and when I do this then salad is my go to meal. BUT… I don’t like boring salads I want one that feels like a total treat to eat, full of colour, bursting with flavour and packed with veggies.
Make Roast Vegetable and Feta Salad your way
- Switch the roast veggies for any you like – peppers and aubergine work well here.
- Add in some beans or pulses – tinned borlotti beans or chick peas are great.
- Swap the cheese for mozzarella or skip it altogether for a vegan version (use vegan Balsamic)
- Add in some meat – try slices of salami or chicken breast tenders.
How to serve Roast Vegetable and Feta Salad
- Delicious as a laid back easy lunch, maybe add some fresh focaccia.
- Take for packed lunch – let the veggies cool before adding to the salad and store the dressing separately to add just before eating
- Leftovers are great next day.
PS… you might also just LOVE our breakfast pizza (it’s YUM!)
- 2 small sweet potatoes - peeled and cut into bitesized cubes
- 1 courgette - thickly sliced
- 1 red onion - cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 100g bag salad leaves
- 2 vine tomatoes - sliced into quarters
- 1 small carrot grated
- 4 inch piece of cucumber sliced
- handful of black olives - halved
- 50g feta cheese - cut into cubes
- 8 wedges of marinated artichoke hearts
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- handful of flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C - toss the sweet potato, courgette and red onion in the 2 tsp olive oil and then scatter into a roasting tin - sprinkle over the dried oregano and season as you like with salt and black pepper - roast in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until just tender.
- Make up your salad by dividing the salad leaves between the plates, scattering over the tomatoes, cucumbers, grated carrot and olives.
- Pile on the roasted veggies then scatter with with the feta cheese - drizzle over olive oil and Balsamic vinegar to taste - scatter over the flat leaf parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1138mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 11gSugar: 16gProtein: 11g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.