Advertisement Feature – grapefruit vodka cocktail recipe
How to make a Salty Dog cocktail recipe with vodka, pink grapefruit juice and a sea salt rim.
Affiliate Disclosure – I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post. If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full disclosure policy here
Mermaid Salt Vodka
The perfect vodka for a Salty Dog cocktail drink recipe has to be Mermaid Salt Vodka from The Isle of Wight Distillery.
The Isle of Wight Distillery is the islands first and only distillery. They craft and produce a range of spirits inspired by their surroundings. Often using locally sourced ingredients to enhance their spirits.
They’re passionate about sustainability, conservation and giving back to the islands economy.
Mermaid Salt Vodka has a pinch of locally sourced sea salt, which gives it just a hint of lingering saltiness on your lips. It’s the perfect vodka to put into our easy grapefruit vodka cocktail recipe.
Salty Dog Cocktail Ingredients
This is one of our favourite easy cocktail recipes with vodka
- 50ml Mermaid Salt Vodka
- 100ml Grapefruit Juice – I used pink grapefruit juice
- Sea salt flakes
- Slice of pink grapefruit
How to make a Salty Dog Cocktail
Just follow these simple instructions to make this easy vodka cocktail recipe
- First up – rub the rim of the glass with the grapefruit slice to create a damp glass edge.
- Next – twist the dampened glass rim in the little pile of salt to create a salty rim.
- Then pour 50ml Mermaid Salt Vodka into the glass, top up with the pink grapefruit juice and stir gently.
- I like to drop in a couple of ice cubes – but it’s just as good without, so it’s personal preference really.
Does a Salty Dog Cocktail contain vodka or gin?
You can make this easily mixed cocktail with either vodka or gin, I like it with Vodka it makes a smoother, cleaner tasting drink.
Salty Dog Cocktail Recipe
This is a good vodka cocktail – super simple to mix and delicious to sip.
- 50ml Mermaid Salt Vodka
- 100ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Slice of grapefruit
- Rub the rim of the glass with the grapefruit slice to dampen it.
- Twist the rim of the glass in the little pile of salt to create a salt rim
- Carefully pour in 50ml Mermaid Salt Vodka
- Top up with the pink grapefruit juice and stir gently.
- Serve with ice if prefered.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21587mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious Salty Dog cocktail to Pinterest for later!
For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.