You really can’t beat a homemade sausage and egg bagel. It’s a delicious little Friday brunch here at Daisies & Pie Towers… Friday means starting work early so that I always get to do Friday brunch and Sausage and egg bagel with a frothy coffee just makes the best brunch! It’s what Friday is for.
I always oven cook the sausages as I don’t want to be stood by a frying pan for ages and the eggs, well I always cook them in a cookie cutter so that I get them in a perfectly round, perfect for sliding on a bagel kind of a shape. Then you just need to decide the whole red or brown sauce thing.
Perfect Friday brunch
- 6 sausages - any variety you like
- 2 eggs
- a splash of rapeseed or sunflower oil for frying the eggs
- 2 bagels
- brown sauce
- Heat the oven to 200C and put the sausages in a roasting tin - cook in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until sausages are cooked through.
- Just before the sausages are cooked, fry the eggs. I do this using 2 metal cookie cutters. Add a splash of oil to the frying pan and lightly oil the inside of the cookie cutters. Then stand the cookie cutters in the frying pan and crack the eggs into them. Once the eggs are set, remove the cookie cutter, flip the egg and quickly cook the other side.
- Toast your bagels and then load them up - sausages, slide on the egg and then drizzle with brown sauce.
Make sausage and egg bagels your way…
- Want a total feast? Add a couple of rashers of bacon and a hash brown to the stack.
- Scramble or poach the eggs instead of fry.
- Go veggie and use vegetarian sausages.
- Perfect for breakfast or brunch.