Our sausage and veg rice pot is really easy to prep and cook. It’s tasty, packed with wholesome vegetables and great for feeding a family.
Oven roast veggies and sausage tossed through freshly cooked rice, flavoured with sun dried tomatoes. Really easy and really tasty, one the kids will love.
Delicious easy family recipe
- 6 plump sausages (choose sausages with high meat content)
- 1 courgette - chopped into small bitesized pieces
- 1 red onion- chopped into small bitesized pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes - peeled and chopped into small bitesized pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbs of sun dried tomato puree (or ordinary tomato puree)
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the onions, courgette and sweet potatoes into a roasting tin, pour over the oil and toss together with your hands. Lay the sausages on top and cook in the oven for around 30 minutes (or until cooked through) turning the sausages over after 15 minutes.
- When there's 15 minutes cooking time left, cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked stir through the tomato puree.
- When the sausages are cooked remove them from the tray and slice. Tip the sausages and rice back into the roast vegetables and stir well to mix everything together.
- Serve in dishes.
Make sausage and veg rice pot your way
- Switch the veggies for any you like, or if you don’t want to roast any veg just use peas and corn, you can cook these in these in the microwave in just a few minutes.
- You could save time cooking and use microwave rice.
- Go veggie and use Quorn sausages.
How to serve sausage and veg rice pot
- Great for the kids lunch during summer holidays when you’re fed up of the endless sandwiches…
- Nice family dinner, serve with salad or peas and corn.