Mmmm buttery toasted muffins with delicious scrambled eggs and topped with spinach and baby plum tomatoes. This awesome breakfast is quick enough for everyday and special enough as a brunch treat.
Totally delicious easy breakfast recipe
- 2 English muffins
- 4 eggs
- 250g baby plum tomatoes - halved
- 2 large handfuls of spinach - roughly chopped
- Butter - for cooking and buttering toast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gently whisk together the eggs in a bowl.
- Add a knob of butter to a frying pan and tip in the tomatoes - gently cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes - add the spinach and turn off the heat - just stir the spinach into the tomatoes to wilt whilst you toast the muffins and cook the eggs.
- Toast the muffins and butter them.
- Heat another knob of butter in a saucepan - tip in the egg mixture and scramble the eggs - these should be cooked in just a few minutes.
- To serve top the muffins with scrambled eggs and spoon over the spinach and tomatoes - season with salt and pepper.
Make scrambled egg muffins your own way
- Add in some extra veggies – try sliced mushrooms or diced peppers.
- Go cheesy with the eggs and stir through some grated cheese as they cook.
- Add spice with a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.
- Fancy some meat? Scatter over diced crispy bacon or chorizo sprinkles.
How to serve scrambled egg muffins
- Perfect for everyday breakfast with a glass of orange juice or milk.
- As a weekend brunch.