Simple seared Cajun Tuna served with a whole lot of sweet and crunchy salad – fantastic quick and easy midweek meal – ready to eat in just 10 minutes!
How to cook tuna steaks
Okay – so tuna steak dries out pretty quickly when cooking so you need to cook it fast, hot and keep an eye on it.
All you need is a frying pan with a dab of butter or splash of oil and keep the heat up high – put your tuna steaks in and cook for around 2-3 minutes then flip the tuna and cook for a further 1-2 minutes depending on how thick the tuna steaks are.
What to serve with tuna steaks
We love our Cajun Tuna Steaks served up with a pile of salad – shop bought ready made salad if I’m going for a really quick and easy midweek dinner. You might like to try some of the Cajun tuna side dishes below…
- a side of flavoured rice – just grab the microwave rice sachets to keep things fast.
- flavoured couscous – for speed grab the shop bought packs
- serve the cajun tuna with a big crunchy salad with creamy mayonnaise dressing.
- kids love this with a pot of fries and dip
- try slicing the tuna steaks and serving with salad in a warmed pitta bread.
You can serve it up with whatever you fancy, for ease I like to throw it on top of a shop bought sweet and crunchy salad, maybe add a side oven fries or plain boiled rice. Healthy, nutritious and oh so yum!
Quick, flavoursome midweek meal.
- butter or oil for frying
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- sea salt
- Heat a frying pan and pour in a drizzle of oil or knob of butter. When it's hot add the tuna steaks, sprinkle over the cajun seasoning and add sea salt to taste.
- Fry for around 4 minutes on one side then gently flip the steaks and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until they cooked through to your liking.
How can I make the recipe differently?
- Switch the tuna for salmon, or even chunky fat king prawns.
- Go spicier and add a pinch of red chilli flakes.
- Switch the Cajun seasoning for Italian herbs or curry paste.
More Cajun recipes to try…
- Cajun prawn flatbreads
- Oven baked Cajun chicken thighs
- Crunchy Cajun chicken bites
- Crockpot Cajun chicken stew