Bruschetta are one of my favourite, easy quick fix meals – they rarely take more than a few minutes to make and they’re loaded with fresh, healthy vegetables and bursting with flavour. They’re ideal for making on busy work nights when you can’t really be bothered cooking and they taste great with a glass of wine.
Aubergine bruschetta are filling but light and super quick to make.
Delicious authentic bruschetta recipe
- 2 small-medium aubergines
- good glug of olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- pinch of red chilli flakes
- small handful of fresh mint leaves - finely chopped
- small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
- zest of a lemon
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- olive oil to drizzle
- Slice the aubergines lengthways - throw them in a bowl and drizzle with a good glug of olive oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and a pinch of red chilli flakes - toss everything well to coat it.
- Heat a griddle pan or you can cook these on the BBQ if you like.
- Cook the aubergines for a couple of minutes on each side so they're nice and soft with char lines.
- Meanwhile toast the sourdough bread - rub the surface of the toasted bread with the peeled clove of garlic.
- Top with the aubergine and drizzle over more olive oil if you like - scatter with chopped mint, parsley and lemon zest.
Make aubergine bruschetta your way
- Mix things up with a combination of courgette and aubergine.
- Scatter over some crumbled feta cheese or strips of torn mozzarella.
- Switch the mint and parsley for rocket leaves.
How to serve aubergine bruschetta
- Great as a light simple weeknight dinner – maybe add a tomato salad.
- As an easy starter.
PS… YOU MIGHT ALSO JUST LOVE OUR RED PEPPER PESTO RECIPE