Grazing Boards are bang on trend for summer snacking – these effortless mini feasts can be thrown together in just minutes – pack them with fresh fruits and vegetables add a scattering of charcuterie meats, cheese and treats for the ultimate summer foodie treat.
What should be on a grazing board?
Okay well there’s no real rule as to what you should include on your grazing board – just think of it as a little collection of lovely things that you love to eat! If you think of it that way you just can’t go wrong.
On my grazing board I like to include…
- Charcuterie meats – salami, chorizo, Parma ham or pate all work well.
- Cheeses – try to include a mix of hard and soft cheese – I like to add mozzarella, soft goats cheese, then harder cheeses like Manchego, Cheddar or a little local crumbly Lancashire cheese. Just choose a few of your favourites.
- Bread and crackers – I usually serve a grazing board with a homemade focaccia, with oil and vinegar for dipping it in. I add breadsticks and a selection of crackers.
- Then add in lots of fresh fruits and vegetables – I usually put on tomatoes – choose different colours and sizes, grapes, figs, homemade hummus, I add in chargrilled aubergine or courgettes, sometimes a few podded broad beans steamed and lightly dressed with lemon and olive oil.
- Lastly I add in a few dessert type items – so maybe chocolate dipped strawberries, nuts, a little selection of macarons or chocolate pretzels.
Grazing boards are just so super simple to make – perfect for little parties or with drinks.
The Best Boards for Grazing Boards
I like to use a selection of boards and plates when making a grazing platter. We love this 3 Layer Bamboo Cheese Board from VonShef it’s great for a small gathering – the knife section and extra board just pull out simply from underneath the main board. Perfect if you need items that are easy to store!
Plenty of room for adding a nice grazing board selection and it’s easy to wipe clean just with a soft cloth and soapy water – letting it dry completely before storing away.
Grazing Platter Recipes for you to try….
Hit subscribe below for daily food and lifestyle inspiration!
Disclosure – in collaboration with VonShef