A lovely simple grilled chicken salad, perfect for spring or summer dinner.
Delicious tender chicken pieces marinated in lemon, Italian herbs and drizzled in olive oil, simply grilled and tossed into salad. Quick easy family food. This is a dish you can make ahead and eat cold too, so ideal for easy weeknight meals.
Grilled chicken salad is nice served with pasta salad, rice salad or proper homemade chips.
Make grilled chickens salad your way
- fancy some spice – add a pinch of chilli flakes
- go Indian and toss the chicken in yogurt and a tbs of curry paste
- try marinating the chicken in a splash of BBQ sauce
- throw in a handful of crispy croutons
- toss the chicken in pesto and add a scattering of toasted pine nuts to the salad
How to serve grilled chicken salad
- Alongside some proper chunky chips.
- With a side of sweet potato wedges.
- Folded up inside a warmed flatbread
- 400g chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 tsp dried Italian herbs
- juice of a lemon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Bag of pre-washed salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 250g baby plum tomatoes - cut into halves
1. Preheat the grill to medium/high.
2. Toss the chicken breast strips in the lemon juice,
Italian herbs and just a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Spread onto the grill pan and grill for around 7
minutes each side until cooked through and no pink remains.
4. Once the chicken is cooked toss through the salad.
5. Serve with chips, pasta salad or rice salad.
This meal can work as both lunch or dinner, if you add a side!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here