A lovely simple grilled chicken salad, perfect for spring or summer dinner.
Delicious tender chicken pieces marinated in lemon, Italian herbs and drizzled in olive oil, simply grilled and tossed into salad. Quick easy family food. This is a dish you can make ahead and eat cold too, so ideal for easy weeknight meals.
Grilled chicken salad is nice served with pasta salad, rice salad or proper homemade chips.
Quick and easy simple grilled chicken salad - perfect for a busy weeknight
- 400g chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 tsp dried Italian herbs
- juice of a lemon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Bag of pre-washed salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 250g baby plum tomatoes - cut into halves
- Preheat the grill to medium/high.
- Toss the chicken breast strips in the lemon juice, Italian herbs and just a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread onto the grill pan and grill for around 7 minutes each side until cooked through and no pink remains.
- Once the chicken is cooked toss through the salad.
- Serve with chips, pasta salad or rice salad.
Make grilled chickens salad your way
- fancy some spice – add a pinch of chilli flakes
- go Indian and toss the chicken in yogurt and a tbs of curry paste
- try marinating the chicken in a splash of BBQ sauce
- throw in a handful of crispy croutons
- toss the chicken in pesto and add a scattering of toasted pine nuts to the salad
How to serve grilled chicken salad
- Alongside some proper chunky chips.
- With a side of sweet potato wedges.
- Folded up inside a warmed flatbread