Now spring has really sprung my cooking tends to be a little lighter and warm vegetable side dishes are switched out for big salad platters.
Our simple salad with lemony pesto dressing is super easy, healthy and tastes delicious with pasta dishes, roast chicken or grilled fish.
Delicious fresh Italian style sunshine salad
- 1 cos lettuce - roughly shredded
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced into half moons
- 300g baby plum tomatoes - halved
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- handful of black olives
- 150g of mini mozzarella balls
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2tbs olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp basil pesto
- sea salt to taste
- Arrange the salad on a large plate or platter and scatter over the mini mozzarella balls
- Mix up the dressing by adding the lemon juice, olive oil, pesto and a pinch of sea salt to a small bowl and mix well - add more or less olive oil as you wish.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
How to serve your simple salad
- Delicious alongside any pasta dish.
- Take as part of a packed lunch – make it more of a meal by adding puy lentils or beans.
You might also like our Greek Salad Bowl