Our slow cooker BBQ beer chicken is super simple, really tasty and will only take a few minutes to put together in the morning.
You might think of your slow cooker as more suited to autumn and winter cooking, but there’s lots of delicious slow cooker recipes that are perfectly suited to summer. And using the slow cooker means no slaving over a hot stove on a warm day.
You can give the BBQ beer chicken a summery lift by scattering the finished dish with chopped raw peppers and a handful of fresh herbs. Serve it alongside a big green salad and some chilled rice salad or quick and easy oven fries.
A super tasty summer slow cooker recipe
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion - roughly sliced
- 1 green pepper - roughly chopped
- 500g chicken breast mini fillets
- 200ml beer
- 5 tbs bbq sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the slow cooker to low.
- Lightly grease the slow cooker pan and gently sauté the onions and peppers over a low heat on the hob.
- Add the chicken breast, beer, bbq sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently bring to the boil then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for around 8-9 hours.
- If the sauce needs thickening before serving just add a couple of tsp of cornflour to a drop of water and mix to a thin paste then pour into the BBQ beer chicken and boil gently to thicken.
We use a slow cooker with removable pan so we can sauté and brown on the hob then transfer to the slow cooker.
Make slow cooker bbq beer chicken your way
- add a little spice by adding a freshly chopped chilli and a pinch of chilli powder to the recipe.
- make into more of a casserole style dish by adding a tin of chopped tomatoes.
How to serve slow cooker bbq beer chicken
- shred the chicken and serve in wraps with salad and fresh guacamole.
- fab weeknight chicken dinner.