Slow cooker BBQ beer chicken
A super tasty summer slow cooker recipe
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion - roughly sliced
- 1 green pepper - roughly chopped
- 500g chicken breast mini fillets
- 200ml beer
- 5 tbs bbq sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the slow cooker to low.
- Lightly grease the slow cooker pan and gently sauté the onions and peppers over a low heat on the hob.
- Add the chicken breast, beer, bbq sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently bring to the boil then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for around 8-9 hours.
- If the sauce needs thickening before serving just add a couple of tsp of cornflour to a drop of water and mix to a thin paste then pour into the BBQ beer chicken and boil gently to thicken.
We use a slow cooker with removable pan so we can sauté and brown on the hob then transfer to the slow cooker.
Make slow cooker bbq beer chicken your way
- you can make this recipe with chicken mini fillets instead of diced chicken breast if you prefer
- add a little spice by adding a freshly chopped chilli and a pinch of chilli powder to the recipe.
- make into more of a casserole style dish by adding a tin of chopped tomatoes.
How to serve slow cooker bbq beer chicken
- shred the chicken and serve in wraps with salad and fresh guacamole.
- fab weeknight chicken dinner.