Using the slow cooker is so easy. Just 20 minutes preparing food first thing in the morning and then nothing to do except spoon out the meal at dinner time. Ideal for low fuss and TIDY cooking.
This delicious (and very moreish) BBQ minced beef recipe is a fab autumn/winter meal. This easy family recipe has a rich warming depth of flavour but without the heat and fire of a spicy chilli. It’s one that’s a big hit with the kids, they love scooping up the rich meat sauce with tortilla crisps.
As it’s a slow cooker recipe it’s naturally super easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner and a great meal to have simmering away ready for the kids coming home from school. It’s just a matter of peeling and slicing the vegetables, browning the mince and making up a jugful of flavoursome BBQ sauce to cook them in. Simple.
I love this spooned into dishes and served with cheesy nachos or fresh crusty bread.
Delicious BBQ minced beef with baked beans. A great family dinner. Perfect for a cold autumn evening.
- Splash of olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 2 onions chopped.
- 4-6 carrots sliced.
- 2 sticks of celery finely sliced.
- 500g minced beef.
- Can of baked beans.
- 300ml beef stock.
- 25ml rum
- 100ml fresh black coffee.
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tbs treacle.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- Salt & pepper to season.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the slow cooker pan and gently fry the garlic, onions, carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef mince and brown.
- Add the can of baked beans and stir in.
- Mix up the BBQ sauce. Make up 300ml beef stock (from a cube is fine) add to it the fresh coffee, rum, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika and treacle and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the mince, beans and vegetables.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours check if the BBQ mince needs thickening - if so just add a couple of teaspoons of cornflour mixed with a drop of cold water and stir well.
- After 8 hours simply spoon into bowls and serve with nachos or garlic bread.
Make it Slow Cooker BBQ Mince & Beans your way….
Feel free to mix things up a bit, it’s your dinner after all! Add some sliced red pepper or a can of sweetcorn. Maybe serve it with a handful of shredded salad in a crunchy taco shell topped with soured cream and spring onion.
You could always make this a true one-pot meal and add some sliced or diced potatoes and turn it into BBQ beef & bean hotpot style.
Add some heat with a splash of chipotle chilli sauce – I just love the Smoky Chipotle chilli sauce from South Devon Chilli Farm.
Love your leftovers
- Great packed lunch – just popped in a thermos food pot.
- Use as a pastie filling.
- Stuff it in an oven baked crispy skinned jacket potato.
PS…. we think you might just LOVE our slow cooker spaghetti bolognese