Just the BEST slow cooker brisket and gravy recipe – tender delicious brisket that cooks in a rich thick gravy – perfect for Sunday dinner.
Slow cooker brisket and gravy is fast becoming my favourite lazy Sunday lunch. Slow cooker roast beef is just the easiest way to do Sunday dinner.
Our slow cooker brisket turns a tough cut of meat into one so tender that the meat just melts in your mouth, and let me tell you about the gravy!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef is one of our favourite slow cooker meals to make!
Well… the gravy is so rich, meaty and tasty, it’s completely delicious! Slow cooker beef joint slowly cooked for hours makes just the BEST gravy! Total perfection.
Best of all our slow cooker beef brisket is super simple to make, you absolutely can’t mess it up!
It’s just a matter of throwing a few ingredients into the slow cooker on Sunday morning, then going off for the day and coming home to delicious melt in the mouth, fork-tender beef brisket and a rich, meaty, onion gravy.
It’s just the most delicious slow cooker pot roast beef recipe ever! It’s by far our favourite way to cook a big family Sunday roast dinner.
And seriously cooking brisket couldn’t be easier, right? Here’s how to cook brisket in the slow cooker in the BEST possible way.
Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe
Serves – 4 people (with leftovers)
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 8 hours
Total Time – 8hr 10 mins
Our Most Popular Alternative Recipe – Slow Cooker Lamb
Equipment Needed To Make Beef Joint In Slow Cooker
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
Slow Cooker Brisket Ingredients
You’ll just need a handful of ingredients to make our delicious easy family dinner, and you’ll be tucking into the best slow cooker pot roast by the end of the day.
- 2 tsp olive oil – this is just to lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan, you can use rapeseed or sunflower oil if you prefer.
- 2 onions – choose medium brown onions for this recipe – they’ll just need peeling and roughly chopping into bitesized pieces.
- 4-6 carrots – choose small-medium carrots for this recipe. If the skins are good, then just give them a scrub and chop, otherwise peel them first.
- 1.5kg brisket joint– the beauty of brisket is it’s a cheap cut of beef – but it’s tough. So it’s ideal for long slow cooking because this way of cooking really tenderises the meat.
- 300ml hot beef stock – I use Kallo beef stock cubes in this recipe – these are my preferred stock cubes, they contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and no added MSG.
You might also love our slow cooker whole chicken recipe – great for Sunday dinner!
How To Cook Brisket In The Slow Cooker
You will just LOVE how simple this slow cooker pot roast is to cook – a delicious brisket recipe!
Step One – preheat the slow cooker ready for the slow cooker pot roast
- Heat the slow cooker to low
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan with the olive oil
Step Two – prepare the vegetables – the slow cooker beef joint will sit on these to cook
- Peel and roughly chop the onions
- Peel or scrub the carrots – then chop them if their big fat ones or just leave them whole if they’re smaller carrots
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan
- Lay the carrots into the bottom of the slow cooker pan on top of the onions
Step Three – add the beef joint in the slow cooker and the stock to the slow cooker pan
- Lay the joint of brisket on top of the bed of onions and carrots
- Make up the 300ml of beef stock with boiling water
- Pour the stock over the top of the brisket, you can season with salt and black pepper here too if you wish.
- Transfer the pan to the slow cooker and leave to cook on slow for around 8 hours or until the brisket is cooked through properly and literally falling apart
Step Four – thicken the slow cooker pot roast gravy
- Once the brisket is cooked remove it from the slow cooker and pull it apart with two forks.
- Remove the larger carrots and then thicken the onion gravy using a tsp of cornflour mixed into a paste with a drop of cold water. Stir this through the gravy over a medium heat until the gravy thickens.
Get our BEST slow cooker recipes here
How To Serve Slow Cooker Brisket And Gravy
The slow cooker roast beef goes really well with lots of different side dishes – try…
I serve the brisket with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables, pour over the gravy and there you have a deliciously easy Sunday dinner. You could serving our slow cooker pot roast with…
Delicious served with our roast potatoes in air fryer recipe!
- Serve the brisket with creamy mashed potatoes with spoonfuls of gravy ladled over the top or our carrot and swede mash.
- Try serving with chunky oven chips and green vegetables.
- You could even use all frozen roast dinner sides like frozen roast potatoes, frozen carrot and swede mash, frozen peas and corn and frozen Yorkshire puddings for a really easy Sunday dinner.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
More Slow Cooker Brisket Recipes To Try
Try our super easy 2 ingredient slow cooker BBQ brisket recipe – delicious pulled brisket that’s oh so good served in brioche rolls with creamy slaw.
Get the Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket Recipe here.
Browse all our meat recipes here
Can You Over Cook Beef Brisket In A Slow Cooker?
Yes – unfortunately you can over cook brisket which will make it chewy, tougher and dry. The ideal cooking time for brisket in the slow cooker is 8 hours on low.
Loads more delicious, easy beef recipes right here.
Do You Put Water In The Slow Cooker With Beef?
In our recipe we use beef stock rather than water, it just gives a richer tastier gravy.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes and Meal Ideas For Family your whole family will LOVE!
Fancy lamb for a change? Try out our slow cooker lamb recipe here – the best way to cook a leg of lamb!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1.5kg brisket joint
- 300ml beef stock
- Preheat the slow cooker to low
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker pan using the olive oil
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan.
- Lay the carrots on top of the onions
- Lay the brisket joint on top of the vegetables
- Pour over the hot beef stock
- Cook on slow for around 8 hours until the beef is cooked through properly and super tender.
- To thicken the gravy - remove the beef brisket and carrots then thicken using a tsp of cornflour that's been mixed with a drop of cold water - simmer over a medium heat until gravy thickens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 74g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious slow cooker brisket and gravy recipe to Pinterest for later!
And… if you’ve got any leftover slow cooker brisket then check out our tasty ways of using up leftover beef here for some delicious easy recipe ideas. Like our tasty Chinese style beef fried rice recipe.
Hey – we hope you enjoy the recipe and when you cook it don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Disclaimer – in a lot of our slow cooker recipes we use a crockpot where the inner pan in safe to use on the hob as well as in the crockpot. If you don’t have a hob safe slow cooker – then use a pan for any hob cooking then transfer to the slow cooker pan for slow cooking.