Just the BEST slow cooker brisket recipe – tender delicious brisket that cooks in a rich thick gravy – perfect for Sunday dinner.
Slow cooker brisket and gravy is fast becoming my favourite lazy Sunday lunch.
It’s just a matter of throwing a few ingredients into the slow cooker on Sunday morning, then going off for the day and coming home to delicious melt in the mouth brisket and a rich onion gravy.
It’s just the most delicious pot roast beef recipe ever! Couldn’t be easier, right? Here’s the how to make it…
Slow Cooker Brisket Ingredients
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions – roughly chopped
- 4-6 carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.5kg joint of brisket
- 300ml hot beef stock
How to cook brisket in the slow cooker
- Heat the slow cooker to low
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan with the olive oil
- Peel and roughly chop the onions
- Peel or scrub the carrots – then chop them if their big fat ones or just leave them whole if they’re smaller carrots
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan
- Lay the carrots into the bottom of the slow cooker pan on top of the onions
- Lay the joint of brisket on top of the bed of onions and carrots
- Make up the beef stock with boiling water
- Pour the stock over the top of the brisket
- Transfer the pan to the slow cooker and leave to cook on slow for around 8 hours or until the brisket is cooked through properly and literally falling apart
- Once the brisket is cooked remove it from the slow cooker and pull it apart with two forks.
- Remove the larger carrots and then thicken the onion gravy using a tsp of cornflour mixed into a paste with a drop of cold water. Stir this through the gravy over a medium heat until the gravy thickens.
How to serve slow cooker brisket and gravy
I serve the brisket with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables, pour over the gravy and there you have a deliciously easy Sunday dinner. You could try…
- Serve the brisket with creamy mashed potatoes with spoonfuls of gravy ladled over the top
- Try serving with chunky oven chips and green vegetables.
More slow cooker brisket recipes to try
Try our super easy 2 ingredient slow cooker BBQ brisket recipe – delicious pulled brisket that’s oh so good served in brioche rolls with creamy slaw.
Get the Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket Recipe here.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1.5kg brisket joint
- 300ml beef stock
- Preheat the slow cooker to low
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker pan using the olive oil
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan.
- Lay the carrots on top of the onions
- Lay the brisket joint on top of the vegetables
- Pour over the hot beef stock
- Cook on slow for around 8 hours until the beef is cooked through properly and super tender.
- To thicken the gravy - remove the beef brisket and carrots then thicken using a tsp of cornflour that's been mixed with a drop of cold water - simmer over a medium heat until gravy thickens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 74g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
And… if you’ve got any leftover slow cooker brisket then check out our top ways of using up leftover beef here for some delicious easy recipe ideas.