Just the BEST slow cooker brisket recipe – tender delicious brisket that cooks in a rich thick gravy – perfect for Sunday dinner.
Slow cooker brisket and gravy is fast becoming my favourite lazy Sunday lunch.
It’s just a matter of throwing a few ingredients into the slow cooker on Sunday morning, then going off for the day and coming home to delicious melt in the mouth brisket and a rich onion gravy.
It’s just the most delicious pot roast beef recipe ever! Couldn’t be easier, right? Here’s the how to make it…
Slow Cooker Brisket Ingredients
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions – roughly chopped
- 4-6 carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.5kg joint of brisket
- 300ml hot beef stock
How to cook brisket in the slow cooker
- Heat the slow cooker to low
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan with the olive oil
- Peel and roughly chop the onions
- Peel or scrub the carrots – then chop them if their big fat ones or just leave them whole if they’re smaller carrots
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan
- Lay the carrots into the bottom of the slow cooker pan on top of the onions
- Lay the joint of brisket on top of the bed of onions and carrots
- Make up the beef stock with boiling water
- Pour the stock over the top of the brisket
- Transfer the pan to the slow cooker and leave to cook on slow for around 8 hours or until the brisket is cooked through properly and literally falling apart
- Once the brisket is cooked remove it from the slow cooker and pull it apart with two forks.
- Remove the larger carrots and then thicken the onion gravy using a tsp of cornflour mixed into a paste with a drop of cold water. Stir this through the gravy over a medium heat until the gravy thickens.
How to serve slow cooker brisket and gravy
I serve the brisket with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables, pour over the gravy and there you have a deliciously easy Sunday dinner. You could try…
- Serve the brisket with creamy mashed potatoes with spoonfuls of gravy ladled over the top
- Try serving with chunky oven chips and green vegetables.
More slow cooker brisket recipes to try
Try our super easy 2 ingredient slow cooker BBQ brisket recipe – delicious pulled brisket that’s oh so good served in brioche rolls with creamy slaw.
Get the Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket Recipe here.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1.5kg brisket joint
- 300ml beef stock
- Preheat the slow cooker to low
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker pan using the olive oil
- Add the chopped onions to the bottom of the slow cooker pan.
- Lay the carrots on top of the onions
- Lay the brisket joint on top of the vegetables
- Pour over the hot beef stock
- Cook on slow for around 8 hours until the beef is cooked through properly and super tender.
- To thicken the gravy - remove the beef brisket and carrots then thicken using a tsp of cornflour that's been mixed with a drop of cold water - simmer over a medium heat until gravy thickens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 74g
And… if you’ve got any leftover slow cooker brisket then check out our top ways of using up leftover beef here for some delicious easy recipe ideas.