Slow cooker brisket tacos are super easy to make and oh so tasty to eat. Tender, succulent pulled beef brisket in a rich, smoky BBQ sauce with peppers and onion. Just add soft flour wraps and all your favourite toppings.
This brisket taco recipe is one of my favourite slow cooker family meals to make.
Beef brisket tacos are great for busy weeknight dinner with the family, because I can quickly put the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and it takes hardly any time to prep the toppings so that everything is ready to eat when we get home.
One of our favourite slow cooker meals to make!
Our slow cooker brisket tacos on of our great autumn dinner ideas
Loads more delicious, easy beef recipes right here.
Slow Cooker Brisket Taco Ingredients
I make these as BBQ brisket tacos because then just taste so delicious with the BBQ sauce.
- 1kg beef brisket – brisket is one of the cheapest cuts of meat and it really suits slow cooking and ends up super tender and succulent.
- 2 peppers – any colour you like – red, green, orange or yellow all work fine. Just chop them into bitesized pieces.
- 1 red onion – peeled and chopped into wedges
- 300ml BBQ sauce – I use shop bought BBQ sauce as the brisket taco sauce – just pick your favourite brand – you can go smoky, hot, garlicky, whichever is your favourite.
Get more of our best beef recipes here.
How to make slow cooker beef brisket taco meat
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
It’s super easy to make our BBQ beef brisket tacos.
- Heat the slow cooker to low.
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan – using a little olive oil, sunflower oil or spray.
- Scatter the peppers and onions into the bottom of the pan, the rest the beef brisket on the top of them.
- Pour over the BBQ sauce, then pop the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.
More recipes or your next Mexican night
How to shred brisket
Love meat recipes? Try these…
- Once the BBQ beef brisket is cooked through, remove the meat from the slow cooker. And leave to rest on a board whilst you thicken the BBQ sauce.
- In a small cup mix 2-3 tsp cornflour with a drop of water into a paste, stir this through the BBQ sauce, peppers and onions and cook until it thickens.
- To shred the brisket, first cut the meat strings and discard, then using two forks just pull at the meat, it’ll easily come apart as you shred through it with the forks.
- Then tip the shredded brisket back into the slow cooker and stir into the thickened sauce.
Loads more exciting recipes here
BBQ Brisket Tacos Toppings
You can serve your beef brisket taco meat in soft flour tortillas topped with anything you fancy. I usually do these delicious tacos with a selection of our favourites…
- Homemade Mexican Roast Tomato Salsa – I make a batch of this up at least once a week, it tastes so good and it’s great for dipping nachos, vegetable batons or just topping quesadilla. And it’s super easy to make too!
- Shredded red cabbage – I simply wash and shred the cabbage, sometimes I make spicy slaw but usually I just do the plain cabbage with these tacos as they’re quite saucy without too many creamy toppings.
- Soured cream dip – got to have a little soured cream on a taco… so creamy and delicious.
- Candied Jalapeño – oh these are such a find! I have a monthly subscription for these fiery little jalapeño – they’re super tasty sprinkled over chilli con carne, in toasted sandwiches or sprinkled in a salad, I literally throw them in EVERYTHING! You can buy candied jalepeno from Haynes Gourmet online here.
You could add any other toppings that you like – try grated cheese, shredded salad leaves, avocado with a squeeze of lime, toasted sweetcorn kernels, homemade guacamole – whatever you like.
Get our BEST slow cooker recipes here
How to serve slow cooker BBQ brisket
If you don’t want to serve the pulled brisket in tacos then you could try…
- Serve the pulled brisket in BBQ sauce over a pile of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Serve the BBQ brisket with plain boiled rice and baked corn cobs.
- Serve as slow cooker BBQ brisket sliders – shred the meat, mix back into the sauce and then stuff into bread rolls with grated cheese. Add a pickle or two alongside.
Get more family meal ideas here.
Slow Cooker Family Dinner Recipes
If you love a slow cooker dinner especially during the autumn and winter then you’ll just love our 20 favourite slow cooker comfort food dinners that are perfect for feeding a family.
Need Some Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes and Ideas For Tea your whole family will LOVE!
You might also like our slow cooker beef curry recipe
Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 peppers - chopped into bitesized pieces
- 1 red onion - chopped into wedges
- 1kg beef brisket
- 300g BBQ sauce
- Heat the slow cooker to low
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan with the olive oil.
- Scatter the peppers and onions into the bottom of the slow cooker pan.
- Rest the brisket on top of the chopped vegetables and pour over the BBQ sauce
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Once the meat is cooked - thicken the sauce using a couple tsp cornflour made into a paste with a drop of cold water, then stirred through the sauce and heated.
- Shred the brisket using 2 forks - removing any unwanted fat.
- Put the shredded brisket back into the sauce and stir to coat it all.
Serve the slow cooker BBQ brisket meat with soft flour tacos and whatever toppings you like
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 49g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our super easy weeknight dinner to Pinterest for later!
Get more delicious autumn recipes here
Hey – we hope you enjoy the recipe and when you cook it don’t forget to tag us your creations on Twitter @daisiesandpieUK or Instagram @daisiesandpie
Disclaimer – in a lot of our slow cooker recipes we use a crockpot where the inner pan in safe to use on the hob as well as in the crockpot. If you don’t have a hob safe slow cooker – then use a pan for any hob cooking then transfer to the slow cooker pan for slow cooking.