Slow cooker ginger beer chicken is a super simple, tasty dinner recipe, perfect for midweek dinner. Just ten minutes preparation in the morning and come home to a delicious, mouthwateringly good family dinner.
The ginger beer gives a Chinese style taste to the sauce so it’s ideal for serving with rice and seasonal veggies for a easy dinner.
Easy Chinese style slow cooker chicken casserole
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 400ml ginger beer
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Preheat the slow cooker to low.
- Throw in the garlic and onions and lay the chicken breasts on top.
- In a jug mix together the ketchup, soy sauce and ginger beer and then pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken, then mix together the cornflour with just a drop of cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken it.
- To serve spoon the sauce over the chicken and add a side of rice and steamed veggies.
Make slow cooker ginger beer chicken your way
- add in more veggies
- go spicy and stir in some freshly chopped chillies
How to serve slow cooker ginger beer chicken
- perfect served over rice or noodles with steamed or stir fried broccoli.