Lick you lips! You’re going to just love this slow cooker peri peri chicken casserole. Spicy, slowly cooked chicken, perfect for coming home to on a cold day.
Our peri peri chicken casserole is super simple to make, literally 5 minutes preparation and switch on the slow cooker, done.
Delicious, warming, spicy chicken dinner.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large red onion - cut into chunky wedges
- 2 large carrots - peeled and sliced
- 600g diced chicken breast
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 3 tsp peri peri seasoning (use more of less depending on how spicy you like your food)
- salt and black pepper
- Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker pan.
- Add the onion and chicken and gently brown over a medium heat.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, carrots, peri peri seasoning and a pinch of salt and couple of grinds of black pepper.
- I then bring to the boil and then put into the slow cooker on low for around 8 hours.
- Once cooked if you need to thicken your stew do so by adding a couple of tsp of cornflour to a drop of cold water and stirring through the stew.
Make slow cooker peri peri chicken casserole your way
- Add more peri peri seasoning if you like things hotter.
- Add in some more veggies – chunkily sliced red pepper works well.
- Stir through a tin of beans if you need to bulk up your casserole to feed more people.
How to serve slow cooker peri peri chicken
- We love this with quick cheat-y wedges and some lovely Nando style peas.
- It’s also lovely spooned over some cheesy mashed potatoes with a side of green beans.
- Delicious with homemade sweet potato wedges.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip