Looking for an easy family dinner idea? Try our super tasty slow cooker peri peri chicken casserole and serve with wedges and homemade Nando’s style peas – totally delicious, easy family dinner recipe!
Slow cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
Lick you lips! You’re going to just love this slow cooker peri peri chicken casserole. Spicy, slowly cooked chicken, perfect for coming home to on a cold day.
Our peri peri chicken casserole is super simple to make, so it’s perfect for busy mums who have zero time! Literally 5 minutes preparation and switch on the slow cooker, done.
Delicious, warming, spicy chicken dinner.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large red onion - cut into chunky wedges
- 2 large carrots - peeled and sliced
- 600g diced chicken breast
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 3 tsp peri peri seasoning (use more of less depending on how spicy you like your food)
- salt and black pepper
- Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker pan.
- Add the onion and chicken and gently brown over a medium heat.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, carrots, peri peri seasoning and a pinch of salt and couple of grinds of black pepper.
- I then bring to the boil and then put into the slow cooker on low for around 8 hours.
- Once cooked if you need to thicken your stew do so by adding a couple of tsp of cornflour to a drop of cold water and stirring through the stew.
Make slow cooker peri peri chicken casserole your way
- Add more peri peri seasoning if you like things hotter.
- Add in some more veggies – chunkily sliced red pepper works well.
- Stir through a tin of beans if you need to bulk up your casserole to feed more people.
How to serve slow cooker peri peri chicken
- We love this with quick cheat-y wedges and some lovely homemade Nando style peas.
- It’s also lovely spooned over some cheesy mashed potatoes with a side of green beans.
- Delicious with homemade sweet potato wedges.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip