Super easy slow cooker pulled pork in a rich, smoky BBQ sauce with veggies – pile into brioche rolls for an easy family dinner.
Our succulent slow cooker pulled pork is really easy to make – just 10 minutes preparation then leave the slow cooker to do it’s thing.
How to make slow cooker pulled pork
I add a layer of sliced onions and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker pan, then nestle the pork shoulder on top of them. I then pour over a coke, BBQ sauce and sprinkle over some smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt. Then cook on low for around 8-10 hours.
Then I remove the pork, peel off any fatty layer and then shred using two forks. I thicken up the sauce in a pan on the hob.
What’s the best cut of meat for pulled pork?
I always make this recipe with boneless pork shoulder – I cook it with the fatty layer on as it keeps the meat moist and tasty, but I always remove before shredding and eating.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker
- 1.8-2 kg Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 150 ml Full Sugar Coke
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Peppers sliced
- 1 Large Onion sliced
- Put the onions and peppers into the slow cooker pan.
- Sit the boneless pork shoulder joint on top of the vegetables
- Pour over the coke and tip over the BBQ sauce
- Rub the paprika, garlic powder and salt into the pork. Cover with the slow cooker lid and cook on low for around 8-9 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the pork – shred with two forks. Thicken up the sauce using a couple of teaspoons of cornflour in cold water – I do this in a pan on the hob.
What kind of buns are good for pulled pork?
Our pulled pork is really tasty served with a peppery watercress salad, stuffed into a toasted brioche roll, topped with the BBQ sauce, peppers and onions from the slow cooker.
Best side dishes for pulled pork
Pulled pork is delicious served with any of the following side dishes
- garlicky mashed potatoes
- cheesy mashed potatoes
- baked sweet potatoes
- potato wedges
- homemade coleslaw
- baked corn cobs
- peppery watercress salad with lemon caper dressing
What to serve with pulled pork
Our pulled pork stuffed into brioche rolls goes really great with oven baked potato wedges and a soured cream and chive dip.
How to use up leftover pulled pork
It’s easy to use up leftover pulled pork – try making…
- Pork fried rice
- Sizzled fajitas
- Use to top pizzas
Or try any of the leftover roast meat recipes here.