Now I do just LOVE the convenience of slow cooker recipes, it’s great for busy school days and hectic family life! Just throwing a handful of ingredients into a pot and coming home to a pretty delicious dinner is great. It means less time in the kitchen and more time with the kids, which when they’ve got homework to do that I need to help out with is a total winner.
Our Slow Cooker Rustic Chicken Casserole is simple to make, tasty and you can switch it up using different ingredients if you wish to.
Get loads more easy casserole recipes here!
Delicious warming one pot chicken recipe
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 celery sticks - sliced
- 2 carrots - sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - roughly chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small glass of red wine
- pinch sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker pan.
- Add the onions, celery carrots, garlic and pepper and gently saute over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Lay the chicken thighs on top of the chopped vegetables.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the herbs.
- Cook on low for around 8 hours until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and tender.
- If you need to thicken the casserole - mix a heaped tsp of cornflour with a little cold water into a paste then stir through the casserole to thicken.
Make rustic chicken casserole your way
- Switch the chicken for diced pork.
- Add in some more veggies – try button mushrooms.
- Stir through a handful of pitted black olives 30 minutes before serving.
How to serve rustic chicken casserole
- Delicious alongside creamy mashed potatoes or basmati rice.
- Short of time – throw a tray of oven chips in the oven – we love the McCain triple cooked gastro chips, they’re LUSH!
- Or just spoon into bowls and eat with buttered crusty tiger bread – totally YUM!
- Love your leftovers with our delicious leftover stew recipes!
We think you might also just LOVE our Pendle Witch Stew
Pin me for later….
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get our BEST slow cooker recipes here