A super tasty slow cooker smoky pork and beans recipe that’s really simple to throw together and tastes oh so good. A real family favourite, perfect for spooning over creamy mashed potatoes, boiled rice or just eating from a bowl with crusty bread to dip in and mop up the juices.
Set this off cooking in the morning and come home to a warming, comforting, mouthwateringly good dinner.
Warming comfort food packed with taste.
- splash of olive oil
- onion - chopped into chunky wedges
- 2 carrots - chunkily sliced
- 500g diced pork
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tin butterbeans
- smoky naga sauce to serve
- soured cream to serve
- grated cheese to serve
- Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker pan.
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt gently soften over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Tip in the pork and gently brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, tinned tomatoes, half a can of water, the smoked paprika and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the tin of butterbeans for the last 2 hours of cooking.
- If the casserole needs thickening - do this with a couple of tsp of cornflower mixed into cold water and stirred through the casserole.
Make Slow Cooker Smoky Pork and Beans your way
- switch the butterbeans for baked beans or chickpeas.
- add in some more vegetables – try mushrooms or diced peppers.
- add a little more heat and pop in finely chopped chilli or pinch of red pepper flakes.
How to serve Slow Cooker Smoky Pork and Beans
- I serve the kids portions then stir smoky naga sauce through the rest for a spicy kick.
- Delicious served with rice, creamy mashed potatoes or spooned into oven baked potatoes.
- We like this with a sprinkling of grated cheese and dollop of soured cream.