A super tasty slow cooker smoky pork and beans recipe that’s really simple to throw together and tastes oh so good. A real family favourite, perfect for spooning over creamy mashed potatoes, boiled rice or just eating from a bowl with crusty bread to dip in and mop up the juices.
Set this off cooking in the morning and come home to a warming, comforting, mouthwateringly good dinner.
Warming comfort food packed with taste.
- splash of olive oil
- onion - chopped into chunky wedges
- 2 carrots - chunkily sliced
- 500g diced pork
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tin butterbeans
- smoky naga sauce to serve
- soured cream to serve
- grated cheese to serve
- Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker pan.
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt gently soften over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Tip in the pork and gently brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, tinned tomatoes, half a can of water, the smoked paprika and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add the tin of butterbeans for the last 2 hours of cooking.
- If the casserole needs thickening - do this with a couple of tsp of cornflower mixed into cold water and stirred through the casserole.
Make Slow Cooker Smoky Pork and Beans your way
- switch the butterbeans for baked beans or chickpeas.
- add in some more vegetables – try mushrooms or diced peppers.
- add a little more heat and pop in finely chopped chilli or pinch of red pepper flakes.
How to serve Slow Cooker Smoky Pork and Beans
- I serve the kids portions then stir smoky naga sauce through the rest for a spicy kick.
- Delicious served with rice, creamy mashed potatoes or spooned into oven baked potatoes.
- We like this with a sprinkling of grated cheese and dollop of soured cream.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
More delicious pork recipes here
Get our BEST slow cooker recipes here