A really flavoursome Spanish chicken stew cooked in the slow cooker and simply packed with delicious warming Spanish flavours. A really healthy, filling family dinner.
I love to make (and eat) this delicious Spanish Chicken Stew, it’s got all the sunshine flavours of Spanish food, but in a warming one pot casserole that’s perfect for autumn or winter dinner.
It’s super easy to throw our slow cooker chicken stew together in the morning before you go out, all the vegetables are chunkily chopped making it quick to make.
You can make this with fresh peppers if you like, I prefer the jarred ones, they give a sweeter flavour.
And because it’s a true one pot chicken casserole with potatoes in the stew, it makes for a really easy dinner when you get home, just serve spooned into bowl with crusty bread for dipping in.
Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken Stew Ingredients
- 3 cloves garlic – minced – if you want to be quicker – just use Lazy Garlic or a tsp of garlic powder instead.
- 1 red onion – peeled and chunkily chopped
- 3 carrots – peeled and chunkily chopped
- 2 sticks celery – sliced
- 3 jarred peppers – roughly chopped
- 500g diced chicken breast – you can use chicken mini fillets for this recipe – they’re so quick to just snip into bitesized pieces with sharp kitchen scissors.
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 500g new potatoes – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch salt and black pepper – to season
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Spanish Chicken Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
This is a really simple slow cooker chicken stew recipes to make!
Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir well and then cook on high for 4 hours or low for around 7-8 hours – until everything is cooked through properly and thoroughly.
If the stew needs thickening – do so by mixing a couple of tsp of cornflour into a paste with some cold water, then stir though the stew and boil to thicken.
Get loads more easy casserole recipes here!
Make Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken Stew Your Way
- You can make this recipe with chicken thigh fillets if you prefer.
- Stir in a tin of chick peas and some chopped spinach for the lat 30 minutes of cooking.
- Add in some sliced cooking chorizo sausages with the ingredients at the beginning of the recipe.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
How To Serve Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken
- Serve spooned into bowls, sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley. Add some crusty bread for mopping up the juices.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes To Make
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous – delicious sweet and spicy chicken mini fillets with plump juicy baby tomatoes and lots of herbs. Quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew – the kids will love this spicy slow cooker chicken stew – it’s gorgeous served with wedges and peas or spoon over creamy mashed potatoes and add a side of buttery corn cobs.
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip – turn chicken mini fillets into these tasty chicken dippers with delicious creamy yogurt dip.
Love your food with Spanish flair? Try our easy Spanish dishes here.
Need Some Family Dinner Ideas?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get our BEST slow cooker recipes here
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 red onion - roughly chopped
- 3 carrots - chunkily chopped
- 2 sticks celery - sliced
- 3 chargrilled peppers from a jar
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes (2 tins)
- 500g new potatoes - peeled and halved
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Heat the slow cooker to high
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker - stir well to combine then cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through properly and the vegetables tender.
- If the stew needs thickening do this by adding 2 tsp cornflour to a cup, mixing into a paste with a little cold water, then stir through the stew and boil to thicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 46g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Browse all our meat recipes here
Save our rustic Spanish chicken casserole to Pinterest for later!