Oh… these smashed baby roast potatoes are GOOD! So good! You’ll want to make tray after tray of them.
Super simple, boil the baby potatoes whole, once they’re really tender drain and tip them into a non-stick roasting tin. Bash each potato with the end of a rolling pin, then drizzle with olive oil and throw over some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Roast in a hot oven for around 20 minutes until crisp and utterly gorgeous.
Totally delicious crispy potatoes
- 1kg baby new potatoes
- a good glug of olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Scrub the potatoes then put in a pan of water and bring to the boil, simmer for around 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and tip them into a non-stick roasting tin. Bash the potatoes to smash them using the end of a rolling pin.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for around 20 minutes, until crisp and delicious.
Make it your way…
- Cut the carbs and use baby carrots instead of potatoes.
- Go spicy and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Use flavoured olive oils to add more yum – we like lemon or garlic infused olive oil.
Love your leftovers…
- Cold potatoes can be thrown into omelettes or stirred into scrambled eggs.
- Throw them into a nice tuna nicoise salad.