Smoked ham omelette makes a really quick and easy lunch or supper recipe. It’s wonderfully flavoursome and totally moreish.
Packed with fresh juicy baby plum tomatoes, vibrant green spinach, a scattering of smoked ham and finished with some lovely zingy feta. Perfect for when you want real food and you want it quick.
Super quick recipe for one.
- small knob of butter/splash of olive oil
- 100g baby plum tomatoes - roughly chopped.
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 2 eggs - beaten.
- 50g chopped smoked ham
- 30g feta
- Heat the grill to high. Then add a splash of oil/knob of butter to a medium sized frying pan over a medium heat.
- Gently fry the tomatoes for a couple of minutes then stir in the spinach.
- Pour over the eggs and quickly sprinkle over the smoked ham, swirl the pan so that the eggs cover the vegetables.
- Once the omelette is starting to set crumble over the feta cheese and put the pan under the grill to brown the cheese.
Make it your way…
- Go veggie and skip the smoked ham.
- Switch the ham for prawns.
- Add in a handful of chopped fresh herbs.
- Swap the feta for Cheddar or Crumbly Lancashire cheese.
- Add another two eggs and make it stretch to feed two.
- As a quick supper, just add crusty bread, maybe a glass of red wine.
- If you want lunch in a hurry.