You’ll just love this smoky chicken and vegetable quinoa recipe – it’s super simple to make, is ready in just 30 minutes and tastes really good, it’s got a spring/summer feel to it and is perfect for an easy midweek dinner. Fresh, tasty, healthy and delicious! What’s not to love?
Super easy tasty chicken dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 red pepper - finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper - finely chopped
- 2 courgettes - fluffy middle removed them finely diced
- 1 heaped tsp piri peri seasoning
- 2 sachets of microwave quinoa
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced into quarters then - sliced
- 4 tbs Greek yogurt
- small bunch of mint leaves - finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, smoked paprika, honey, sherry vinegar and garlic and mix well. Add the chicken and toss well to coat everything - tip the chicken into a roasting tin and cover with tin foil.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil, turn the chicken breasts over and return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining.
- Once the chicken is cooked - put to one side.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking - add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan and tip in the peppers and courgette, sprinkle over the piri piri seasoning and fry gently until softened.
- Microwave the quinoa as per the instructions then tip into the pan and stir the peppers and courgettes into it.
- Mix up the minty yogurt by adding the mint to the yogurt and stirring then tip in the cucumber and stir gently.
- To serve just divide the quinoa between the plates - slice up the chicken and place on top and add a spoonful of minty cucumber yogurt.
Make smoky chicken and vegetable quinoa your way
- If you’re making this gluten/wheat free be sure to check the label on all your ingredients.
- Switch the quinoa for pasta or couscous
- Try different veggies – peas, corn, mushrooms all work well.
- Switch the chicken for salmon or go veggie and use slices of halloumi.
How to serve smoky chicken and vegetable quinoa
- Perfect just as it is or add a side of crusty bread and a green salad.
- Great for midweek dinner.
PS… you might also just LOVE our Roast Vegetable & Feta salad