For a totally delicious summery breakfast try our lovely fruity toast recipe. Sourdough toast topped with cool cream cheese, plump juicy figs and a drizzle of honey.
Our simple fruity sourdough toast recipe is really easy to make, takes literally minutes,
And sometimes… it’s just nice to make breakfast that little bit more decadent and special.
It’s also a pretty healthy breakfast choice.
Ingredients for sourdough toast with cream cheese and figs
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- 1 fig
- 1 tsp of honey
How to make sourdough toast with cream cheese and figs
- lightly toast the sourdough bread.
- Top with cream cheese and sliced figs – then drizzle over a squeeze of honey.
Make sourdough toast your way
- Try wholegrain bread – or rye bread in place of sourdough.
- Top with blueberries – or other fruits such as strawberries or bananas.
How to serve sourdough toast
- Delicious little treat breakfast – that’s ready in minutes.
- As a little elevenesetime snack – alongside a great cup of coffee
Get more delicious easy breakfast recipes here
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
More easy kids snacks to make
- Owl toast – a super cute kids snack! Wholemeal muffin spread with peanut butter and topped with fruit to make an owl face.
- Veggie stick and dip pots – a healthy grab and go snack for all the family – vegetable sticks with salsa or peanut butter dip.
- Blueberry smoothie pops – whizz up a fresh blueberry smoothie and freeze into these refreshing little smoothie ice lollies.
Get more fruit ideas and fresh fruit recipes here
- 2 slices sourdough toast
- cream cheese
- 2 small or 1 large fig
- drizzle of honey
- Lightly toast the sourdough bread.
- Top with cream cheese and sliced figs then drizzle over a squeeze of honey.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 939mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 6gSugar: 33gProtein: 18g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.