Fiery, quick and delicious, our Italian spaghetti with prawns and spinach always hits the spot. Perfect for midweek cooking as it’s literally ready to eat in under 15 minutes, just what you need after a busy day.
Firstly, put the spaghetti into a pan of salted boiling water and whilst it simmers away prepare the sauce. Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan, tip in the garlic and chilli and cook for a minute, then add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and prawns. Fry for 5-6 minutes until everything is heated through and cooked.
Drain the spaghetti and toss it through the sauce along with the chopped spinach. The spinach will wilt in the heat. Serve in dishes and scatter with lemon zest and lots of black pepper.
Super quick fiery prawn pasta dish.
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 300g prawns
- 10 sun dried tomatoes - roughly chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach - roughly chopped
- zest of a lemon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Place the spaghetti to cook in a large pan of salted boiling water - stir regularly to stop it sticking together - it should take around 10 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan. Tip in the garlic and chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add the prawns and sun dried tomatoes and heat until the prawns are lovely and pink and cooked through.
- Drain the pasta and toss into the pan with the sauce, add the chopped spinach and let it wilt in the heat.
- Serve in dishes scattered with lemon zest and black pepper.
Make summery spaghetti with prawns your way
- skip the chilli and add a spoonful of pesto for a milder flavour
- switch spinach for rocket or other greens.
- save time on chopping and buy sun dried tomato paste and just add a good squirt.
How to serve summery spaghetti with prawns
- Perfect for a quick midweek dinner.
- Serve with fresh green salad simply dressed with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil.