A delicious summery spaghetti with roast tomatoes and peppers that’s super easy to make and tastes so good.
Freshly cooked spaghetti tossed with olive oil and roast garlic, then mingled together with roast tomatoes and peppers. Served with chilli breadcrumbs and loads of vegetarian Italian style hard cheese. A summery, easy, feel good pasta dish.
Delicious summer pasta.
- 400g baby tomatoes - any colours you like
- 400g mini peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 300g spaghetti
- 3 tbs olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 40g vegetarian Italian style hard cheese - grated
- Heat the oven to 200C and put the peppers, tomatoes and garlic into a baking tray - roast in the oven for 20 minutes until starting to blister.
- When there's 5 minutes cooking time left, put the spaghetti on to cook in plenty of boiling salted water and swirl in 1 tbs of olive oil to stop the pasta sticking.
- Once the tomatoes and peppers are cooked, split open the peppers and scrape out the seeds, slice them into strips. Squeeze the garlic from the skins and mash with the back of a fork.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti, toss with 1 tbs of olive oil and the mashed garlic. Then mingle in the tomatoes and pepper strips, drizzle over the last spoonful of olive oil, sprinkle over some cracked black pepper and plenty of cheese.
– to make the chilli breadcrumbs – just blitz 2-3 slices of sourdough bread in a food processor until it’s chunky breadcrumbs then fry in olive oil with finely chopped garlic and a pinch of chilli flakes. Use to add a little crunchy texture and added flavour to pasta dishes.
Make spaghetti with roast peppers and tomatoes your way
- Add in roast courgettes and aubergines.
- Use wholemeal spaghetti for a healthier alternative.
- Go spicy and add fresh chilli.
How to serve spaghetti with roast peppers and tomatoes
- Easy midweek dinner.
- Weekend lunch.