For a simple one-pan family supper try our delicious rustic Spanish omelette.
It’s just a case of slowly frying thinly sliced potatoes, peppers and onions.
Pouring over the eggs.
Once the eggs set you need to slide the omelette out onto a round dinner plate, with the omelette on the plate in one hand, hold the frying pan over the top of it with the other and flip your hands so that the omelette is back in the pan ready to cook the other side.
Delicious served with a fresh salad and crusty bread. Any leftover Spanish tortilla can be sliced into wedges and taken for lunch the next day. I love it stuffed into a fresh ciabatta roll.
Tasty simple one-pan family supper.
- olive oil
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 1kg new potatoes - peeled and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper - finely sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan - tip in the onion, potatoes and pepper and cook over a low heat until softened, stir regularly - this will take around 40 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, mix in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and swirl the pan to make sure everything is evenly covered in egg.
- When the egg starts to set, slide a spatula around the outside of the pan and draw the egg in a little. This makes it easier to turn.
- Once the egg is completely set slide the omelette carefully onto a plate, then with one hand under the plate and the other holding the frying pan handle - put the frying pan over the omelette on the plate and flip the plate and pan over to get the omelette back into the pan so you can cook the other side.
- Cook this side of the omelette for around 10 minutes - then flip one more time.
- Once fully cooked, slide onto a serving board and cut into wedges. Serve with salad and nice bread
Make it your way
- use sweet potatoes instead of baby potatoes
- throw in a chopped chilli for a hit of spice
- add some chorizo or prawns if you fancy.