This is the curry I cook when I really wanted to order take away but am too impatient to wait for it to arrive. Also worth noting that our Speedy Lamb Keema recipe is way, way cheaper than a take away. So if you’re cooking on a budget or for a family then a quick lamb keema curry is definitely a win-win.
This quick and easy speedy lamb keema is a really easy family recipe and one that is super popular with the kids. You can make your curry as hot and spicy as you like, but generally if I’m cooking this for the family then I opt for a mild curry paste usually Tikka Masala or Korma, both of which taste delicious with lamb.
I serve this with Tilda steamed pure basmati rice – the microwave pouches that literally takes 2 minutes to cook. Lazy but I love it! If you wanted to cut costs then by all means fill a pan with rice and water and boil it, after all it does only take 10 minutes.
Really super quick lamb keema - real family food
- a medium onion
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tbs of curry paste (of your choice - I’ve used tikka masala as it’s a hit with the children)
- 2 large handfuls of frozen peas
- 6 blocks of frozen spinach
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 packets of microwave rice
- small bunch of coriander
- splash of sunflower oil
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Heat a splash of sunflower oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb mince and brown.
- Stir in 3 tbs of your chosen curry paste and the garam masala.
- Add the frozen peas and spinach
- Continue to cook for around 15 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Chop the coriander and scatter on top of the curry.
- Cook the microwave rice - usually takes approx. 2 minutes per pack.
Lovely served with indian dips and a naan bread.
To make this speedy lamb keema more like a take-away treat serve it alongside some popadoms, naan breads and a selection of Indian pickles, like mango chutney, lime pickle and a cooling mint raita. All of which can be picked up at the supermarket or local shops.
You might also like our totally delicious slow cooker turkey keema, lower fat and definitely a dish I’m happy to come home to after a long day at work.