Our spelt salad with halloumi and baby beets is super quick to make, like really – literally less than five minutes! Tastes delicious and is ideal for a quick lunch or midweek dinner when you want your food fast.
Super quick food that tastes amazing!
- 1 Sachet of microwave spelt (we use Merchant Gourmet)
- 6-8 slices of halloumi cheese
- 150g baby beetroot - quartered (we use sweet baby beets marinated with chilli)
- drizzle of olive oil
- handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the slices of halloumi.
- Whilst the halloumi browns - microwave the spelt - this just takes 1 minute.
- Flip the halloumi over and brown the other side.
- Divide the spelt between two plates.
- Scatter over the baby beets.
- Lay on the halloumi.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and scatter over the flat leaf parsley.
Make spelt and halloumi salad your way
- switch the halloumi for feta or mozzarella
- switch the spicy beets for chargrilled peppers and sun dried tomatoes (from a jar for speed)
- switch the spelt for lentils or couscous
How to serve spelt and halloumi salad
- Add some crusty bread and serve as an easy midweek dinner or lunch for two.
- Take for packed lunch.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our 1 minute dinner!