Our spicy chicken couscous is really economical and really yummy. Using leftover roast chicken from the Sunday roast this would make a great take to work lunch or quick and easy supper for a Monday.
To make up the spicy chicken couscous firstly cook the couscous as per the packet instructions, no need to use chicken stock, just plain boiled water and a tiny pinch of salt will be fine.
Once the couscous is cooked, stir through the curry paste, throw in the chopped chicken breast and add cooked peas and a grated raw carrot. It’s just so easy.
Delicious served with a spoonful of mango chutney, lime pickle or mint raita, if you wanted.
Make spicy chicken couscous your way
- Use leftover roast beef, pork or lamb instead of chicken.
- Don’t fancy Indian, stir through some pesto and go Italian instead.
- Want it vegetarian? Add tinned chickpeas or beans.
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 tsp curry paste
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 1 carrot grated
- Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions.
- Once cooked - stir through the curry paste and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Whilst the couscous cooks, quickly cook the peas in the microwave, they just take a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the chopped chicken, peas and grated carrot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more delicious leftover recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here