This fast and delicious spicy chickpea salad is sure to be a work night winner. Perfect for serving with a toasted pitta or grilled naan bread or as a side dish to a quick curry.
We use cheats here as we want it ready quickly – no fuss, no mess just good food fast.
A super quick and spicy salad great with a curry or just tucked in a toasted pitta for a quick weeknight supper.
- Bag of pre-washed ready to eat salad.
- 1/2 cucumber - sliced
- 1/2 tin (200g) chickpeas
- 1 small red chilli - finely sliced
- 1 small bunch coriander - torn
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Scatter the salad leaves and cucumber slices over a serving platter.
- Scatter over the chickpeas.
- Mix up a quick salad dressing - add the olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a small dish/bottle and mix/shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Scatter over the sliced chilli and torn coriander.
Make Spicy Chickpea Salad your way
- Go Italian add borlotti beans and basil or parsley instead of chickpeas and coriander.
- Make it more substantial add some shredded carrot or beetroot.
- Turn it into a main course salad – add some feta or crispy bacon or both!
How to serve Spicy Chickpea Salad
- Spicy chickpea salad is delicious served with a curry or alongside a tasty burger.
- Pack into lunch boxes with a tahini dressing on the side.
- Serve stuffed into toasted pitta breads with feta or halloumi.