Oh this is just the tastiest, easiest and super quick midweek dinner – channel your inner ‘gastro pub’ and throw together our quick spicy king prawns, french fries and garlic mayo dip.
Quick and easy cheat dinner for 2
- splash of olive oil
- 250g raw king prawns
- zest of a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove of garlic - finely minced
- salt and black pepper
- to serve
- french fries
- bistro style salad (we use pre-prepared bag)
- lemon wedges
- Put the French fries in to cook as per the packet instructions - if you're short on time use the McCain fast cook ones that are ready in 5 minutes!
- When the fries are almost done - add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and tip in the prawns - add the lemon zest and pinch of chilli flakes, juice of half a lemon and season with salt and black pepper - fry over a medium heat until pink and piping hot throughout (usually around 5 minutes - depending on the size - check cooking instructions on pack)
- Whilst the prawns cook mix up the garlic mayonnaise - just add the minced garlic to the mayonnaise, season with salt and black pepper and mix well to combine the flavours.
- To serve divide the prawns between plates, add the fries, add a handful of bistro salad, dollop on the garlic mayo and lemon wedge.
Make spicy prawns and french fries your way
- Don’t like messing around with raw seafood – try a bag of beer battered bake in the oven prawns instead.
- Go spicier with the mayo and add harissa paste or pinch of chilli flakes.
- Add more salad – try a fresh tomato and basil salad alongside.
How to serve spicy prawns and french fries
- Great for an easy laid back midweek dinner – add a bottle of icy cold beer!
You might also just LOVE our Moroccan chicken with herby couscous
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more fish and seafood recipes here
If you love prawns – we’ve loads more delicious prawn recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here