Oh this is just the tastiest, easiest and super quick midweek dinner – channel your inner ‘gastro pub’ and throw together our quick spicy king prawns, french fries and garlic mayo dip.
Quick and easy cheat dinner for 2
- splash of olive oil
- 250g raw king prawns
- zest of a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove of garlic - finely minced
- salt and black pepper
- to serve
- french fries
- bistro style salad (we use pre-prepared bag)
- lemon wedges
- Put the French fries in to cook as per the packet instructions - if you're short on time use the McCain fast cook ones that are ready in 5 minutes!
- When the fries are almost done - add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and tip in the prawns - add the lemon zest and pinch of chilli flakes, juice of half a lemon and season with salt and black pepper - fry over a medium heat until pink and piping hot throughout (usually around 5 minutes - depending on the size - check cooking instructions on pack)
- Whilst the prawns cook mix up the garlic mayonnaise - just add the minced garlic to the mayonnaise, season with salt and black pepper and mix well to combine the flavours.
- To serve divide the prawns between plates, add the fries, add a handful of bistro salad, dollop on the garlic mayo and lemon wedge.
Make spicy prawns and french fries your way
- Don’t like messing around with raw seafood – try a bag of beer battered bake in the oven prawns instead.
- Go spicier with the mayo and add harissa paste or pinch of chilli flakes.
- Add more salad – try a fresh tomato and basil salad alongside.
How to serve spicy prawns and french fries
- Great for an easy laid back midweek dinner – add a bottle of icy cold beer!
You might also just LOVE our Moroccan chicken with herby couscous