Let’s talk all things delicious shall we? That is what this meal is, a plateful of deliciousness!
Toasted pitta topped with fresh salad, spicy lamb mince a crumbling of tangy feta cheese and some shredded red onions. And, best of all it’s ready to eat in just 20 minutes making it a brilliant quick midweek meal that’s just bursting with flavour.
It’s super quick to prepare and cooks in just 10 minutes, ideal for those days when you’re tired and really can’t be bothered so order take out… these spicy lamb pittas are way better than take out and probably much quicker to.
Quick, easy and full of flavour.
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tsp harissa paste
- 4 large pitta breads
- 1 bag salad leaves
- 1/2 red onion - finely sliced into half moons
- 2 red chillies finely sliced
- 50g feta cheese crumbled
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat - don't add any oil.
- Tip in the lamb, finely chopped garlic and harissa paste and stir fry for around 10 minutes. If you want to you can drain away some of the fat - I don't, I leave it all in but do whichever you prefer.
- Whilst the lamb cooks toast the pitta breads and place on plates, scatter over a handful of salad leaves.
- Top with the cooked mince and scatter over the feta, red onions and chillies.
Make spicy lamb pitta your way
- Cut back on fat and switch to turkey mince instead.
- Go veggie and use Quorn mince.
- Throw in loads more veggies – chopped tomato, cucumber raita, baby radish work well.
- Use flatbreads instead of pittas – equally tasty.
Love your leftovers!
- Any leftover spicy lamb can be used to make pasties, stuffed in baked potatoes, or just reheated and eaten.