What could be better at the end of a long day than tucking into a bowlful of homemade spicy sausage chilli, topped with creamy yogurt and scooped up with homemade tortilla chips, just YUM!
Spicy sausage chilli is perfect family food, packed to bursting with flavour and ready in just 35 minutes. A filling one pot meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Make spicy sausage chilli your way
- Go veggie and switch the sausage meat for sliced vegetarian sausages
- Go hotter with a pinch of red pepper chilli flakes
- Add in more veggies – try a tin of lentils or diced sweet potatoes
Delicious warming one pot dinner
- 2 leeks
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- bunch of chives
- 8 spiced pork sausages
- 2 tins red kidney beans
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 beef stock pots
- 4 wholemeal tortillas
- pot of natural yogurt
- For step by step instructions for the spicy sausage chilli head over to Hello Fresh
How to serve spicy sausage chilli
- Spoon into bowls and scoop up with the homemade tortilla chips.
- Cook up some fluffy basmati rice alongside.
- If you’ve more time scrub some large potatoes, prick the skins and slowly bake them in the oven until they’re crispy skinned and soft to squeeze – split them open and spoon over the sausage chilli.
- Turn your sausage chilli into a cottage pie – top with mashed potato sprinkled with cheese and bake in the oven until browned and bubbling.
Spicy Sausage Chilli is just one of the totally delicious, super easy recipes available from Hello Fresh – the convenient recipe box scheme that’s perfect for busy families, just choose the best type of box for you, select your recipes and Hello Fresh deliver everything you need to the door in just the right quantities. Have you tried Hello Fresh yet?
Disclosure – recipe in collaboration with Hello Fresh. For full details of my disclosure policy please read here.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious sausage recipes here