This easy spinach pasta recipe is packed full of flavour but super speedy to make – just 20 minutes from start to finish – perfect midweek dinner.
Our creamy spinach is just the easiest pasta recipe to throw together, it takes literally minutes but tastes like you spent a whole lot longer over it. Rich, delicious, creamy and utterly moreish, this is one pasta dish you’ll want to cook again and again.
Quick easy tasty Italian style lunch or light dinner.
- 250g dried linguine
- good splash of olive oil
- 1 leek - halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 250g creme fraiche
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves - roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of grated Parmesan
- pinch grated nutmeg
- sea salt and black pepper to season
- Put the linguine on to cook in a panful of boiling salted water with just a dash of olive oil to stop the pasta sticking together. Cook as per the packet instructions - should take around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, add a good splash of olive oil to a large pan, gently sauté the shredded leeks for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Tip in the creme fraiche and pinch of nutmeg, season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the spinach and a splash of the cooking water from the pasta then gently stir to wilt it over a low heat until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir well so everything melts together.
- Drain the pasta (reserve a cup of the cooking water) then tip the pasta into the creamy spinach and toss to coat everything - if the sauce is too sticky loosen with a little of the reserved cooking water.
- Divide onto plates and eat straight away.
How to make creamy spinach pasta your way
You don’t need to stick to our recipe you can add extra ingredients and herbs to flavour the dish however you like – try…
- serving with penne or fusilli
- add in some freshly picked thyme or oregano
- scatter over some crispy smoked bacon or pancetta cubes
What side dishes to serve with pasta
Pasta that comes with sides is always a good thing! Try…
- a delicious bean salad,
- simple steamed broccoli dressed with lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil
- a tomato salad with balsamic dressing
More spinach recipes for you to try…
- smoked ham omelette with spinach and feta
- warm egg and spinach wraps
- beetroot, chickpea and spinach salad