I started the spring health kick a few weeks back and I’ll admit it’s taken me a while to really get stuck in and so it’s only the last week I’ve started to make a bigger effort, definitely spurred on by the lighter mornings and evenings and sunnier weather!
I’ve eaten more salad and lighter meals, consciously keeping an eye on portion sizes of carbs and switching to sweet potatoes in place of ordinary potatoes. I’ve cut back on alcohol, upped my water intake and I’ve added in a lot more walking (no jogging yet but I’ve thought about it… little baby steps and all that..) So I’ve managed to drop 2lb over the last week which I’m very pleased with.
- Start weight = 9 stone 12lb
- Today’s weight – 9 stone 10lb
I’ll share a few of my favourite salad recipes from the last week
All of these salads make me happy they’re packed with lovely flavours and are just delicious for lunch or dinner. There’s loads more salad recipes here – I’ll no doubt be eating my way through them over the next few weeks.
Things I’ve found helped me this week
- Having veg stick snack pots made up in the fridge ready to grab as a quick snack.
- Infused water – it looks pretty, tastes delicious and just makes me feel healthy drinking it!
- Making sure I eat whatever I fancy for breakfast with no guilt – it means I’m not hungry throughout the morning and I’m less likely to pick at things and graze until lunch.
- Setting a goal of 10,000 steps a day and making sure I hit it.
- Having a ‘treat’ if I’ve really wanted one, but thinking about it and making sure I really did want it first…