Give the humble sprout and little festive Italian twist and cook up a panful of delicious spicy sprout and bacon spaghetti – so easy and oh so tasty.
- approx. 400g spaghetti - I used whole wheat
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 large handfuls of sprout flowers or roughly chopped sprouts
- 8 slices of smoked bacon - chopped into large pieces
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil - add a glug of olive oil, drop in the spaghetti and allow to soften slightly then push it under the water with a large spoon, bring the pan back to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer with the lid off for around 10-12 minutes - stir regularly to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together.
2. Meanwhile whilst the spaghetti is cooking…
3. Heat a puddle of olive oil in a large pan over a very medium heat and add the garlic - stir gently as it sizzles.
4. Add the bacon and allow to cook for a few minutes until starting to brown.
5. Throw in the sprout flowers and stir fry until they are just tender.
6. Drain the spaghetti and toss it into the pan with the bacon and sprouts - toss it well to coat the spaghetti with the lovely bacon and garlic flavours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 8gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Love bacon? Get more delicious recipes with bacon right here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here