A quick lunch of classic Italian bruschetta with an autumn twist. Our Bruschetta is topped with lightly roasted seasonal squash and finished off with blue cheese – a mouthwatering combination.
Classic Italian bruschetta with an autumn twist.
- 2 slices of white bloomer
- clove of garlic
- 1/4 small butternut squash - seeds removed and sliced into 1/2 cm thick wedges.
- olive oil
- handful of rocket
- couple slices of blue cheese - we used Stilton.
- Heat the oven to 200C - toss the butternut squash slices in a couple of tsp of olive oil then lay on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes until just turning soft and browning.
- Meanwhile toast the bread and rub the clove of raw garlic over the surface.
- Top the bruschetta with fresh rocket, layer on the warm roasted squash and crumble the blue cheese on top. Add a little drizzle of olive oil.
A tasty vibrant light Italian meal ideal for a quick lunch or midweek supper.