Sticky Moroccan chicken with herby couscous is a quick and easy meal for a busy weeknight – it’s flavoursome and only needs a little speedy food preparation to get things cooking.
Quick and easy chicken dinner recipe
- 250g couscous
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley - roughly chopped
- Small bunch coriander - roughly chopped
- zest and juice of lemon
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts - sliced into chunky strips
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 300g baby plum tomatoes - halved
- medium sized cucumber - sliced
- 2 tbs natural yogurt
- small bunch mint leaves - finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the couscous as per packet instructions then leave to one side whilst you get the rest of the dinner ready.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan - add in the chicken, season with salt and black pepper and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Drizzle over the honey and continue to cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes - turning often.
- Tip in the ground cinnamon, ground cumin and baby plum tomatoes - cook for around 5-8 minutes until softened and the chicken is cooked through completely with no pink remaining.
- Whilst the chicken cooks - finish off the couscous - stir through the chickpeas, lemon juice and zest, and chopped parsley and coriander - then divide between the plates ready to serve.
- Mix up the minty yogurt dip - add the sliced cucumber to a bowl - stir in the yogurt and mint.
- To serve spoon the chicken and tomatoes over the couscous and add a spoonful of the minty yogurt.
Make Chicken and Couscous your way
- Switch the Moroccan vibe and go for Indian flavours – add curry paste to the chicken.
- Try it Italian style and switch the cumin and cinnamon for green pesto or a big pinch of Italian mixed herbs.
- Switch the couscous for 2 pouches of flavoured microwave rice for a quick alternative.
How to serve Moroccan chicken and couscous
- Great for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
PS… YOU MIGHT ALSO JUST LOVE OUR ROAST SQUASH COUSCOUS RECIPE TOO!