Whilst doing the Christmas shopping make sure you stock up on medicine cabinet essentials to see you safely through the Christmas period. Think ahead and consider your health needs for over the Christmas holidays.
Medicine cabinet essentials include:
- Any prescription drugs you need – make sure you re-order any repeat prescriptions so you have sufficient to see you through the holiday period.
- Painkillers – paracetamol and ibuprofen in both children’s and adult versions.
- Indigestion remedies
- Anti-diarrhea tablets
- Oral rehydration salts
First Aid kit essentials include:
- Antiseptic cream
- Eyewash solution
- Sterile dressing
- Medical tape
Medicine Cabinet Safety:
- Store all medicines and first aid supplies out of the reach of children – preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Go through your medicine cabinet every 3 months – any out of date medication can be returned to the pharmacist for safe disposal.
- For advice on medication always speak with your GP or pharmacist.
Keeping good household stocks is all part of a good housework routine.
Get the printable checklist for Medicine Cabinet Essentials.