Strawberry and feta salad is a beautiful flavour combination, this wonderful salad is super simple to make and perfect for serving throughout summer.
We just love strawberry season and can’t get enough of plump juicy sweet strawberries.
Strawberry and feta salad is a delicious light summer recipe and a really tasty way to include strawberries in a savoury dish.
The sharp peppery flavour of rocket and watercress in the salad makes the strawberries taste even sweeter and the feta cheese adds a tangy salty flavoursome bite.
This is a totally gorgeous summer salad and one I just love to make mainly because it just looks so pretty!
Strawberry and Feta Salad Ingredients
- 150g bag of mixed salad leaves – choose a mix with rocket, watercress and spinach – it’s just perfect with strawberries.
- 200g strawberries – pick big juicy, ripe berries and sliced them into quarters.
- 60g feta cheese – crumbled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
Strawberry and Feta Salad Recipe
- Firstly take a large serving platter – a large plate or a bowl will be just fine.
- Next scatter over the salad leaves making sure there’s a good mix of leaves well distributed over the platter. I also like to scatter over a little torn Basil too, it just tastes perfect with the strawberries.
Get more tasty feta recipes here
- Next scatter over the strawberry quarters – mingling them in with the salad leaves.
- Then simply crumble over the feta cheese.
- Next mix up a simple strawberry salad dressing – add the olive oil and the Balsamic vinegar to a cup or small bottle.
- Season with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and whisk well (cover the lid and shake if using a bottle)
- Just before serving drizzle the dressing over the salad and eat.
Make strawberry salad your way…
- You could easily use raspberries in place of strawberries they work really well flavour wise with the feta cheese.
- If you like your salad with spice then simply add a touch of heat with a pinch of chilli flakes or even some freshly chopped chillies.
- When I add chillies to this I blister the skins first on the hob. Then pop them into a small bowl covered in clingfilm and leave them to steam. Next, scrape the skins and chop the chilli flesh. It’s delicious!
- It’s really easy to switch the watercress and rocket salad for baby leaf salad or a Bistro mix with raw shredded beets.
Salad toppings that go really well with this summery strawberry salad
Sometimes I like my salad with added crunch and interest so I add a few salad toppings – toppings that you could try that work well with this salad are…
- pan toasted pine nuts
- roughly chopped walnuts
- crunchy little homemade croutons
What to serve with strawberry and feta salad
Our salad is perfect as a light easy lunch, served with some crusty bread and a glass of something sparkling.
However, it also tastes great alongside grilled chicken or salmon.
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Love Feta Salad? Try these delicious feta salad recipes
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here
- Roast Vegetable and Feta Salad – a delicious combination of roast veggies, tossed with feta cheese and served on a bed of salad leaves.
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad – the perfect summer pasta salad – all the taste of a traditional Greek salad feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and black olives with a lovely carb-y pasta fix.
- Greek Potato Salad – the perfect potato salad for serving with BBQ food or picnics.
- Courgette and Feta Salad – warm slices of chargrilled courgette served with feta cheese and a sprinkling of chilli and herbs.
NEED SOME FAMILY MEAL IDEAS?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planner tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
- 150g Salad Leaves
- 200g Strawberries - cut into quarters
- 60g Feta Cheese
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- pinch Sea Salt
- pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Scatter the salad leaves over a serving platter
- Scatter over the strawberry quarters.
- Crumble over the feta cheese
- Mix up the salad dressing - mix together the olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, sea salt and black pepper
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get lots of fresh and healthy salad recipes here
Save our Strawberry and Feta Salad on Pinterest for later!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here