This cordial tastes absolutely divine, it’s simple to make and the smell whilst it bubbles away is just amazing. The beautiful strawberry flavours with a subtle hint of lavender make this drink an absolute must try! The cordial is delicious made up with sparkling water and lots of ice or try adding a splash to a glass of Prosecco.
- 250g Lavender infused sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 500g strawberries - washed, stalks removed and sliced into quarters
- 500ml cold water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Put the sugars, water and lemon juice into a pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has melted.
- Turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes then add the strawberries, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, sieve, I can’t resist pushing through a little of the strawberry pulp as I go and then decant into a clean bottle or jug (I soak the bottle in boiling water with soap prior to using).
- This really needs keeping in the fridge and using within a couple of days, which won’t be hard!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.