Be prepared for any summer accidents and illnesses by stocking up your medicine cabinet with a few summer essentials.
Summer first aid kit for home & car
This needs to include a selection of first aid essentials such as…
- waterproof plasters
- sterile eye patch
- plastic gloves
- alcohol free wipes
- triangular bandages to use as sling
- sterile dressings
- safety pins
It’s a good idea to carry a mini first aid kit in the car especially if you plan on doing summer days out with the family. You can put together your own first aid kits or buy them ready filled.
- high factor sun cream for babies and children
- sun cream for adults
- antihistamine medicine for children
- antihistamine tablets for adults
Soothing skin creams
- antiseptic cream for cuts and grazes
- sudocrem – for general use
- after sun cream with aloe vera
- kids ibuprofen and paracetamol
- adults pain relief tablets
Anti diarrhoea medication & rehydration powders
Get the printable summer medicine cabinet essentials shopping list
Medicine Cabinet Safety
- Store all medicines and first aid supplies out of the reach of children – preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Go through your medicine cabinet every 3 months – any out of date medication can be returned to the pharmacist for safe disposal.
- For advice on medication always speak to your GP or pharmacist.
Keeping good household stocks is all part of a good homekeeping routine.