Make summer easy and put together a box of garden toys by the back door that the kids can help themselves too and go have fun!
Include a good but inexpensive mix of toys and games that’ll keep them busy in the garden throughout the summer.
Make a summer garden games box
- bats and ball
- a big sheet and umbrellas for making dens
- skittles – shop bought or make your own with old drinks bottles
- hula hoop
- skipping rope
- noughts and crosses game – make your own with painted stones
- stilts – shop bought or make your own with syrup tins like in the 80’s
- set of elastics (yes totally retro but don’t pretend you won’t have a go yourself…)
- magnifying glass
- notebooks & pencils
- marble run – if you’ve got one it’s great for outdoor play in the summer as kids can pour water down it.
And the good bit about it all being in a box, well, it’s super easy to tidy away at the end of the day and ready to go again the next day.