Our Foccacia Recipe is SUPER easy because we get the bread maker to do the hard work! You can throw this amazing potato, cheese and onion topped foccacia together with just 10 minutes hands on work!
The easy way to make foccacia
Is there anything better than eating soft, fluffy bread that’s still warm from the oven? It’s one of life’s simple pleasures. Our Super Easy Foccacia is just so simple to make because, yes – I don’t waste hours mixing and kneading dough – I get the bread maker to do ALL the hard work.
All that’s left for me to do is hand stretch the dough – then top it with delicious toppings and bake.
Utterly delicious and super easy focaccia bread for sharing
- 300ml luke warm water
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 500g bread flour - I use Tipo 00
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 red onion - finely sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 250g new potatoes - peeled, boiled and finely sliced.
- 150g cheddar cheese - grated
- 100g feta cheese - cubed
- a few springs of rosemary - roughly chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- Pour the water and olive oil into the bread maker tin.
- Gently tip in the flour.
- Put the salt in one corner and yeast in the other corner - not touching the water
- Switch the bread machine onto the dough setting and leave it to mix and rise the dough - usually takes a couple of hours.
- Whilst the bread machine is doing it's thing - add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and tip in the onions - sprinkle over a pinch of salt and the tsp of sugar and cook over a low heat for around an hour - or until they're soft and sticky and caramelised.
- Boil the potatoes until just tender - you can use leftover boiled potatoes for this if you've any in the fridge.
- When the dough is risen - turn it out onto a lightly floured work top and knead it for a minute - just to knock the air out of it. Then place it onto a lightly oiled baking tray and stretch it out so it pretty much fills the tray.
- Leave the bread to rise somewhere warm for around 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Top your foccacia with the grated cheese, onions, sliced potatoes and feta cubes.
- Drizzle over some more olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until the bread is cooked and the toppings browning.
- Remove from the oven - add another drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle over the chopped rosemary.
- Leave to cool slightly before eating.
What toppings can you put on focaccia?
Don’t just stick to my topping idea – you throw whatever you fancy on your bread… toppings like…
- baby cherry tomatoes and rosemary sprigs
- garlicky flame grilled pepper strips with mozzarella cheese.
- black olives, rosemary and roast garlic
- pesto, olives and feta cheese
How to eat focaccia
- Perfect for sharing with the family or friends.
- Eat alongside tapas with drinks
- Dip into soup.
- Take for picnics.
- I really, really like this dipped into sweet chilli balsamic vinegar – oooo so good!
View this post on Instagram
Mmmm I made focaccia – using the bread maker to do all the mixing and kneading so with just 10 minutes hands on work I got this!! Soooo good! Focaccia topped with potatoes, caramelised onions and loads of cheese – I’ve left the recipe in bio link if you want it 😋😋 #baking #realbread #homemade #homecooked #bread #bakingbread #yum #focaccia #italianfood #tasty #inmykitchen #realfood #atmytable