Super easy pasta pesto is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s quick, packed with tasty veggies and best of all pesto is always a huge hit with the kids so it’s a win-win for me.
I like to make my own pesto which really only takes a few minutes and tastes so good – but if you’ve not time just use jarred pesto.
Super easy weeknight pasta
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- half clove garlic
- 2 large handfuls of basil leaves
- 2 handfuls of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
- 300g dried fusilli
- 300g baby plum tomatoes - quartered
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach - roughly chopped
- 1 handful black olives - roughly chopped
- Add the pine nuts, garlic and olive oil to a food processor and blitz to a puree.
- Add the basil and blitz again.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook the fusilli in boiling salted water with just a splash of olive oil to stop the pasta from sticking. It should take around 10 minutes - once cooked drain well.
- Whilst the pasta cooks chop up the tomatoes, spinach and olives.
- Stir the pesto through the pasta then add the tomatoes, spinach and olives and stir through gently.
- Divide between four bowls and serve.
Make pasta pesto your way
- Use shop bought pesto for speed – try different flavours.
- Add in some diced feta cheese.
- Try different veggies – courgette, mushrooms and chargrilled red peppers all work well.
How to serve pasta pesto
- Great for a quick midweek dinner.
- Delicious taken for packed lunch
- Makes a great pasta salad for parties and get togethers
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our Creamy Spinach Linguine