Super easy pasta pesto is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s quick, packed with tasty veggies and best of all pesto is always a huge hit with the kids so it’s a win-win for me.
I like to make my own pesto which really only takes a few minutes and tastes so good – but if you’ve not time just use jarred pesto.
Super easy weeknight pasta
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- half clove garlic
- 2 large handfuls of basil leaves
- 2 handfuls of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
- 300g dried fusilli
- 300g baby plum tomatoes - quartered
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach - roughly chopped
- 1 handful black olives - roughly chopped
- Add the pine nuts, garlic and olive oil to a food processor and blitz to a puree.
- Add the basil and blitz again.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook the fusilli in boiling salted water with just a splash of olive oil to stop the pasta from sticking. It should take around 10 minutes - once cooked drain well.
- Whilst the pasta cooks chop up the tomatoes, spinach and olives.
- Stir the pesto through the pasta then add the tomatoes, spinach and olives and stir through gently.
- Divide between four bowls and serve.
Make pasta pesto your way
- Use shop bought pesto for speed – try different flavours.
- Add in some diced feta cheese.
- Try different veggies – courgette, mushrooms and chargrilled red peppers all work well.
How to serve pasta pesto
- Great for a quick midweek dinner.
- Delicious taken for packed lunch
- Makes a great pasta salad for parties and get togethers
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our Creamy Spinach Linguine
HIT SUBSCRIBE BELOW AND NEVER MISS A POST!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Love to eat Italian food? Try out more of our easy Italian recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Get loads more delicious easy pasta dishes here
Get more quick and easy meals here