Stir fry with nuts and seeds. This bowl is bursting with flavour and zing. Swizzle your fork and scoop up a delicious combo of beansprouts, peanuts, sesame seeds and egg ribbons. Fast, easy and delicious midweek meal.
Make it your way:
- Add fridge leftovers such as broccoli or shredded carrot.
- Switch pak choi for spinach or shredded greens.
A really easy weeknight winner.
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger - finely grated
- 1 red onion - finely sliced
- 4 pak choi - roughly shredded
- 4 large handfuls of beansprouts
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- handful of peanuts - crushed
- Add a small splash of sesame oil to a wok style frying pan over a medium heat and pour in the beaten eggs - swirl the pan around so that the eggs set as an omelette. After a few minutes flip and quickly cook the other side then set aside on a plate.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil - tip in the sesame seeds and let them sizzle for a minute then add the garlic, ginger, onion and beansprouts and fry over a high heat until starting to soften.
- Add the pak choi and tbs of chilli sauce. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Whilst stir fry is cooking - cut the omelette into ribbons.
- Divide between two dishes and top with the crushed peanuts, omelette ribbons and a dash of soy sauce to serve.
Make it more substantial but still quick by adding a scoop of microwave rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 21g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more easy egg recipes and how to use up eggs here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more delicious gluten free recipes UK style here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious vegetarian recipes here