Stir fry with nuts and seeds. This bowl is bursting with flavour and zing. Swizzle your fork and scoop up a delicious combo of beansprouts, peanuts, sesame seeds and egg ribbons. Fast, easy and delicious midweek meal.
Quick, tasty, healthy supper for two.
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger - finely grated
- 1 red onion - finely sliced
- 4 pak choi - roughly shredded
- 4 large handfuls of beansprouts
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- handful of peanuts - crushed
- Add a small splash of sesame oil to a wok style frying pan over a medium heat and pour in the beaten eggs - swirl the pan around so that the eggs set as an omelette. After a few minutes flip and quickly cook the other side then set aside on a plate.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil - tip in the sesame seeds and let them sizzle for a minute then add the garlic, ginger, onion and beansprouts and fry over a high heat until starting to soften.
- Add the pak choi and tbs of chilli sauce. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Whilst stir fry is cooking - cut the omelette into ribbons.
- Divide between two dishes and top with the crushed peanuts, omelette ribbons and a dash of soy sauce to serve.
Make it more substantial but still quick by adding a scoop of microwave rice.
Make it your way:
- Add fridge leftovers such as broccoli or shredded carrot.
- Switch pak choi for spinach or shredded greens.
A really easy weeknight winner.