Throw together a classic ham and cheese sandwich for lunch in just minutes. This fresh and tasty sandwich recipe is delicious and just shouting to you to take a bite!
A sandwich classic.
- Seeded batch roll
- 1 slice of ham
- 1 slice of Emmental cheese
- handful of ice-berg lettuce
- 6 slices of cucumber
- Split open the roll and spread with butter or olive oil spread.
- Load up the fillings - cheese, ham, lettuce then cucumber, squirt on some mayonnaise and squash on the lid.
Make ham and cheese sandwich your way
- Add in some wholegrain mustard.
- If you’re making this to pack in lunch boxes here’s a neat tip to avoid the bread going soggy! Butter the bread – then put on the cheese, then the salad, then the mayonnaise and then top with ham and then the sandwich lid – that way the salad and mayo don’t touch the bread so it won’t go soggy.
How to serve ham and cheese sandwiches
- Delicious for packed lunch with a couple of pieces of fruit, a cereal bar and a bottle of water.
- Make mini versions and serve as part of a buffet.