Throw together a classic ham and cheese sandwich for lunch in just minutes. This fresh and tasty sandwich recipe is delicious and just shouting to you to take a bite!
Make ham and cheese sandwich your way
- Add in some wholegrain mustard.
- If you’re making this to pack in lunch boxes here’s a neat tip to avoid the bread going soggy! Butter the bread – then put on the cheese, then the salad, then the mayonnaise and then top with ham and then the sandwich lid – that way the salad and mayo don’t touch the bread so it won’t go soggy.
How to serve ham and cheese sandwiches
- Delicious for packed lunch with a couple of pieces of fruit, a cereal bar and a bottle of water.
- Make mini versions and serve as part of a buffet.
You might also LOVE our tasty healthy prawn sandwich recipe to.
- Seeded batch roll
- 1 slice of ham
- 1 slice of Emmental cheese
- handful of ice-berg lettuce
- 6 slices of cucumber
- Split open the roll and spread with butter or olive oil spread.
- Load up the fillings - cheese, ham, lettuce then cucumber, squirt on some mayonnaise and squash on the lid.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 1849mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 44g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements
Get loads of lunch recipes and ideas here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!
Love sandwiches – get lots more sandwich recipes and ideas here