We love this little side dish, sweet and spicy corn is quick to throw together and great alongside burgers, hot dogs in fact, anything off the BBQ! And it tastes just so good!
Quick and easy summery side dish.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 green pepper - finely diced
- 1 red onion - diced
- 1 small red chilli - finely chopped
- 1 large tin sweetcorn
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large frying pan or wok.
- Tip in the pepper, onion and chilli and stir fry briskly over a medium heat for 7-8 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweetcorn and maple syrup and cook for around 5 minutes until everything is warm and sticky.
Make sweet and spicy corn your way
- Add more spice and throw in more chillies.
- Switch the maple syrup for honey.
- Throw in some more veggies – try diced courgette or add another pepper.
How to serve sweet and spicy corn
- Fab side dish for BBQs, serve alongside hot dogs and burgers.
- Serve with roast chicken and a big green salad.
- Add to lunchboxes.