Our sweet chilli chicken wraps are super tasty and super fast! Tender chicken pieces with peppers in a sweet chilli dressing, all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla. Easy family dinner – sorted!
You’re just going to love these delicious sweet chilli chicken wraps.
Not only are they really quick and simple to make, they taste amazing. When I make our easy chicken wraps recipe, the kids love them and I’m guaranteed empty plates.
Homemade chicken wraps are an ideal recipe for a busy weeknight when you’re short on time and need dinner to be ready fast and taste good.
This easy chicken dish is one of my favourite chicken wrap recipes! It’s always good to have a few easy chicken breast recipes to hand, especially when feeding a family. Chicken dinners always seem so popular.
Chinese sweet chilli chicken is just super tasty wrapped with vegetables in a soft tortilla wrap.
Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap Ingredients
Here’s what goes in a chicken wrap
- 1 tbs of olive oil – you could use rapeseed oil if you prefer.
- 500g chicken breast – cut into bitesized pieces, you could buy the chicken breast mini fillets to save you having to chop up the chicken pieces.
- 1 red pepper – roughly chopped – feel free to add in more veggies if you like – onions, courgettes or mushrooms all work well.
- 3 tbs sweet chilli sauce – I use the milder sauce when cooking these for the kids – I usually use Blue Dragon Original as the sweet chilli chicken sauce.
- 4 tortilla wraps – the large soft flour ones are best for this recipe – you could switch to wholemeal or seeded if you wish.
- Bag of salad leaves – the kids prefer these made up with a crunchy salad mix – the bags with the Iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrot ribbons are a good choice.
How to make chicken wraps
Our simple chicken wrap recipe will be on the table and ready to eat in just minutes
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat.
- To make the sweet chilli chicken breast strips, tip in the chicken pieces and sliced pepper and stir fry briskly for 5 minutes.
- Then add the sweet chilli sauce and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through and no pink remains.
- Make up the wraps – add salad leaves, add some sweet chilli chicken and peppers and wrap the tortilla.
Browse all our meat recipes here
Make sweet chilli chicken wraps your way
We’ve given you the basic sweet chilli chicken wrap recipe but there’s loads of different directions you can take it in to really make it your own.
I’m a huge believer in using what you have in, using up leftovers and switching ingredients to suit your own likes. You could try our chicken wraps with…
- Make this recipe with chicken mini fillets if you prefer (this just saves on the chopping up of the chicken – you’ll just need to adjust cooking times to be a little longer to ensure they’re cooked through properly)
- If you don’t like spice then skip the sweet chilli sauce and add a tbs of honey, maybe a tsp of wholegrain mustard or sprinkling of smoked paprika for a little heat.
- Add more vegetables – chunkily chopped onion, courgette or mushrooms all work well.
- Skip the wrap and serve on a bed of fluffy rice.
- You could make chicken goujon wrap and use quick and easy breaded chicken goujons tossed in the sweet chilli sauce with stir fried vegetables.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
What to serve sweet chilli chicken wraps
If your house is anything like mine then easy chicken recipes like our spicy chicken wraps often come with sides. Kids just love side dishes!
- We love these with a side of homemade Chinese style salt and pepper chips. If you’ve not tried this recipe yet then it really is a MUST! A super easy way to pimp your oven chips with Chinese spices, chillies and herbs to really make them taste amazing!
- You could serve the wraps with some wholesome veggie rice. An easy side dish that’s packed to bursting with added vegetables which all count towards your 5-a-day.
- Leftovers of the spicy chicken and peppers are great next day served as cold wraps for packed lunches. If you’d like more packed lunch ideas then check out our packed lunch menu planners here.
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
If you love chicken recipes for dinner then try out some of our favourites below.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous – quick and easy panfried chicken recipe with baby plum tomatoes and delicious Moroccan spices. Served over herby couscous. It’s a quick and easy midweek dinner recipe.
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew – one of our all time favourite chicken slow cooker recipes – a spicy chicken stew that’s super tasty served with wedges, rice or creamy mashed potatoes for an easy family dinner.
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip – these tasty little chicken dippers are perfect served with our yogurt dip, a salad and a pile of flavoured rice.
Chicken wrap recipes you’ll just LOVE!
Get more quick and easy meals here
- Chicken fillet wrap with tzatziki – delicious summer lunch recipe
- Spicy chicken wrap recipe – Moroccan style
Looking for family dinner ideas and inspiration? Check out our Meal Planning 101 here for hundreds of dinner ideas!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g chicken breast - cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 red pepper - roughly chopped into strips
- 3tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 150g salad leaves
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat.
- Tip in the chicken pieces and pepper and stir fry briskly for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through and no pink remains.
- Make up the wraps - add salad leaves, add some sweet chilli chicken and peppers and wrap the tortilla.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 46g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Save our super tasty sweet chilli chicken wrap recipe to Pinterest for later!
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here